GTR2 Sun Positions and Lighting

Misc GTR2 Sun Positions and Lighting 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
templarnot4 submitted a new resource:

GTR2 Sun Positions and Lighting - Updated Sun positions and optional lighting for GTR2

The sun positions in GTR2 aren't particularly accurate so I have taken the time to update them.

View attachment 355394

Features:
Adjusted Latitude of tracks to be correct.
Race dates changed to what they were in 2003 and 2004.
North direction changed to be closer to what they would be in real life.
Optional adjusted lighting with a darker night.

View attachment 355395

Notes:
Sun positions are not 100% accurate but a massive improvement on the default tracks...

Read more about this resource...

Great idea but I have a question : did you reproduce the sun position from real videos or did you only copy-paste real coordinates in GDB ?
I wonder that because simbin devs did not respect exactly the N-S/E-W positions when they built the circuits.

Great idea but I have a question : did you reproduce the sun position from real videos or did you only copy-paste real coordinates in GDB ?
I wonder that because simbin devs did not respect exactly the N-S/E-W positions when they built the circuits.
They apparently ignored "North Position", as well. Google Earth makes accurate settings easy (if you know how to use it)

Good job! Much better than the default values.
Nice to see somebody still care about our old sim :)

Tried a couple and didn't get your exact values.
But hard to get exact values.

Found the easiest way is to find the circuit in Google map and turn on satellite view.
And /or Google map for exact lat and long values

Now start 3dSimed orientate the track layout like in real life (Google map) with the YAW function
The YAW value is now the correct value for Northdir!

To check find a Sun angle calculator like this one
Find a part of the track where you drive strait into the sun direction and the given date and time and use external view to check the direction of the shadow on the car.
One disadvantage of using real Latitude is that you now have to guess the time based on latitude the times for Sunset and Sunrise.
Kind of split between using easy setting or correct settings

I have made many tests last days and it is obvious for me now that NorthDir feature is broken in GTR2, I precise that it is not your fault templarnot4, because there are issues (see screenshots) as long as you are far away from default NorthDir=270 :(
ISSUES.jpg

The only way to get real North seems to rotate every track with 3dSimEd with the good angle of rotation of course...so a lot more work.

At least, your latitude and race date seems to be good :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back