GTR2, Steam version or not?

Hi all,
i have both version and i noticed the following :
Steam version on same track and same car has double fps .
"normal" version gives some litle stutters in curves, Steam is without any stutters.
Some mods installed on Steam version make the pc crash or freeze so you cant even get to the track. but those mods work well on "normal" version.
All this on win10.

Am i missing something? is there something wrong between both version ?

Thanks to both of you :thumbsup: ;) Then I'll be happy ... as the path ! :D

NB I think I had the good idea with my 1st message here in the meaning to know more about the good ways to make things work together.
Things were far from clear ( and even contradictory sometimes ) when trying to install both treasures at the same time at the same place.

No time for now to say ... Perfect ! it's working at 1st try ... I'll do that when time has come ( free is another problem :roflmao: )

yeah, so that explains the higher FPS :) (CrewChief.dll does nothing for Normal GTR2, only Steam).

Sorry for asking the obvious - are you 100% sure that the same mod crashes with Steam .exe, and works on Normal? What plugin version are you running (see CrewChief.ini)

yes i am 100% sure, i spent lots of hours investigating and trying stuff.
CC version is 1.3.0.0
oh btw i found out that in the steam version the porsche NGT are not visible in sim alltough they are in teams.
by that i mean in single make there are no button for them alltough in "Sim single make.gdb" they are in the list.

Last edited:
yes i am 100% sure, i spent lots of hours investigating and trying stuff.
CC version is 1.3.0.0
oh btw i found out that in the steam version the porsche NGT are not visible in sim alltough they are in teams.
by that i mean in single make there are no button for them alltough in "Sim single make.gdb" they are in the list.
Thanks. Could you send me link to the mod that crashes with steam, but does not crash with CD version of the game? No promises of anything, but I am curious what is going on.

Sounds like there are still some Steam vs CD differences I was't aware of. Your Steam gtr2.exe is patched for the grey cars, right?

Last edited:
Thanks. Could you send me link to the mod that crashes with steam, but does not crash with CD version of the game? No promises of anything, but I am curious what is going on.

Sounds like there are still some Steam vs CD differences I was't aware of. Your Steam gtr2.exe is patched for the grey cars, right?

no, i think thats the prob, wasent aware of this patch, just saw it in the forum somewhere. wented to get the patch but the link is dead.
i will install a clean version from CD and see what happens.
as for the link, this mod is on race departement right here. its a mod from "eSR".
wierd thing is on the cars in game, instead of "Porsche 911 turbo" i see written "GreyMTR" and no button to press.

BTW i want to stick to Steam version, i need CC with me :)

Last edited:
What a desilusion, found the missing cars patch, was applied (GTR2_HQ_Anniversary_PATCH_part-1_v15_5_0) and all is good, i can see all the cars, but CC doesent work with this patched version.

Anyone know a fix to this?

Last edited:
What a desilusion, found the missing cars patch, was applied (GTR2_HQ_Anniversary_PATCH_part-1_v15_5_0) and all is good, i can see all the cars, but CC doesent work with this patched version.

Anyone know a fix to this?
If you have read my readme and followed what I have written in install.txt you would know that PART1 IS ONLY PART1 of the 2 parts, don't you ever think that if a part2 exist you need it too ? Part2 is not optional, YOU NEED IT to make work all features of HQ Anniversary Patch.
Gtr2 clean install
Install HQ Ann. Patch part1+part2
Install CrewChief app (keep default install path !!!)
Run GTR2_SETUP.CMD :
Choose GTR2 DIGITAL binary (full CrewChief features contrary to nocd), and select CrewChief plugin.

If you have read my readme and followed what I have written in install.txt you would know that PART1 IS ONLY PART1 of the 2 parts, don't you ever think that if a part2 exist you need it too ? Part2 is not optional, YOU NEED IT to make work all features of HQ Anniversary Patch.
Thanks GTR233, will do as you say, the reason i took only the first part is because of a link in the forum that says this is the patch to use when some cars are grey.
the link pointed to the first part, thats why.

@GTR233 ,
You did a fantastic work on GTR2, its really another taste, i love it !

Just one thing, on the command cmd at a certain point it asked me for CC and i pressed #4 i think it was, wasent the VR just the normal CC and i got a error "CrewChief could not be installed, not the default path" something like that.
So i open CC and i reset the default path so the path-window was empty, When starting CC, it asked me the instalation path so i did and instead of going through the whole setup, i just fired GTR2 and surprise! CC did work normaly.

Moreover the textures are great (i choosed yours) the reflections make me think of AMS. Indeed thats a master Class work !

Its a monster job, and i dindt discover a major issue so far. i like the red UI it looks just great and pro and another surprise for me as i like to adjust gears with the "final" !

Thank you, and Iron Wolf and the team for doing it and sharing it with the community !!

Sil

Last edited:
@GTR233 ,
You did a fantastic work on GTR2, its really another taste, i love it !

Just one thing, on the command cmd at a certain point it asked me for CC and i pressed #4 i think it was, wasent the VR just the normal CC and i got a error "CrewChief could not be installed, not the default path" something like that.
So i open CC and i reset the default path so the path-window was empty, When starting CC, it asked me the instalation path so i did and instead of going through the whole setup, i just fired GTR2 and surprise! CC did work normaly.

Moreover the textures are great (i choosed yours) the reflections make me think of AMS. Indeed thats a master Class work !

Its a monster job, and i dindt discover a major issue so far. i like the red UI it looks just great and pro and another surprise for me as i like to adjust gears with the "final" !

Thank you, and Iron Wolf and the team for doing it and sharing it with the community !!

Sil
glad you got it working and thanks for the kind words. Just remember, it is not just VR/CC - plugin does much, much more (and I am still working on more things, while there's no better alternative to enjoy), but you have to enable features you'd like to use :) Check the manual :D and have fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sil
After taking a bit of free time .....

Just a confirmation that now installing both HQ Anniversaryh Patch 15.5.0 and Crew Chief at the same time is perfectly working after being easily installed...
- for french speaking: the fingers in the nose ! :roflmao: (literal translation of the expression in french )
- for english speaking: it should be, I think: standing on one's head ( is that correct, Ron ? should Rod say :whistling: )

Since including in the V15.5.0 version the perfect binary and doing the necessary by @GTR233 to fully take CC into account in the GTR2Setup.cmd too ( even adding the needed initial CrewChief.ini file of the Happy Path by @The Iron Wolf ) ... the process is much easier and less risky, but 3 conditions:

- Dont forget to download and install both Part1 and Part2 of the HQ Anniversary ( + Hotfix2 for the moment )
- don't forget to read carefully the install readme and the Happy Path if necessary ( this 2nd one moreover if your CC install is not in the usual standard folder.)
- FOR HQ + CC: GTR2Config.exe needs Admin Rights but not GTR2.exe

Well done and thanks guys, for making things better understandable and easier to get working.

NB Simhub is perfectly working also of course ;) ...needing another plugin

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%