GTR2 Race distance/time

A few were wondering why some races end before they were expecting, like a 90 minute race at Spa always ends a few minutes short of the allocated time, the same happens at Monza and a few other addon tracks when the race length is set for time as opposed to laps, well the reason it happens is simple.

GTR2 is based on the 2003/2004 FIA GT championship where the races were 500km or 3 hours long so everything relating to this sim is hindged around that distance/time, be it engine life or race distance 500km is the key.

So when you set the race time at 90 minute it looks at the track gdb file for the race distance and grabs the info from there so for Spa it tells you:

RaceLaps = 72 (72 x 6.968 km = 501.69 km)
RaceTime = 180
RaceTimeScaled = 180

So for a 90 minute race it is half the proper distance so 36 laps is all you get no matter how fast you lap it will always end on lap 36.

Ah, i see! Maybe we should display the lap number for the next enduro as well as the time duration of the event. For example, the 90 minutes of Spa should be the 36 laps of Spa? Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but should make everyone's strategies' easier to work out.

Ah, i see! Maybe we should display the lap number for the next enduro as well as the time duration of the event. For example, the 90 minutes of Spa should be the 36 laps of Spa? Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, but should make everyone's strategies' easier to work out.
The sim already does this for you, just before you go to start a race the number of laps is displayed just above the race time :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 211 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%