gtr2-race 07 AI : face to face on facebook

I have some questions
but please don't take them out of context

POINT 1
many years ago .....
Many people complained that in race 07 (and all their dlcs) gt cars are "easy" (no offense) to control, (and that they adapted tire handling and racing to the time and style of touring cars.) it has lights (according to lei), (google it, "" RD race vs GTR2 "... or etc".
Why have gt cars, if you can't race at night?

ok, all this I mean ... it's unfair: race 07 is tailor-made for WTCC cars and races (and everything that is touring car)
EVERYTHING: the fight body body with the ai, the duration of races, the tires, the physics fwd etc.
.... the rest (gt, protos, formulas) was incorporated and adapted (more less) to that style. they did not keep separate: the AI, the tires, or the duration of the race..etc

That is why I do not take into account the GT-protos-formulas in race 07 (and all their dlcs) .... I just ask and I am interested in touring cars in race 07.

all of this above, no mods

POINT 2
that race 07 is mainly touring does not mean that it is bad at GT cars. The same for gtr2 is not bad with the touring (in fact I provided the mod "Super Touring World" and it is SO excellent recreating the touring btcc of the 90 ... melee fights everywhere, ((contains its own AI -AI specifies)
(from rfactor I can say that it is mainly for f1, but again, you can try other things and there is no problem)
f1c is SO focused on f1 style, that I use it just for that.

Obviously the mods. these can totally change the games (gtr2, rfactor, f1c, race07) and have DTM in f1c, touring car in GTR2, GTs in RACE07, and the flying delorean in rfactor (true) ...

and it is HERE that I have the first big problem, and the FIRST question:
there are so many mods, in so many games ... that it is difficult to determine where it is "harnessed-squeezed-it becomes very close to reality" a mod

1 question which ia (or ai) is better in each case? (all this only GAME BASE)
for touring car which one? for gt which one? (race, gtr2, rfactor)
with mods of which one is closer at each point
example .... there is a btcc 1990s mod for race07 that is very "specialized" (ia, performance) for tourings. Does it compare to the STW of GTR2?

of course, the "gtr2 ai enhancement" mod makes gtr2 and its gt cars more realistic, but if a touring mod doesn't have its own ai ... it will use gt car ai ... (and we already know that those gt they don't fight all the time) ... in that case GTR2 HAS the best AI for gt cars (better with the AI mod)

2-How is the AI of race07 (the AI of tourings) compared to the AI of GTR2?
(I wonder why there are mods that only use the game's AI ... and not their own adapted AI ((as in f1c)))

A thousand apologies for all this ... I want to start again paying if necessary ... that's why I make sure I know what I buy.

Last edited:
RRRE is what happens when the publisher has total control over content. That and the fact that sector3 is a very small team with somewhat limited resources.
In recent years, the seem to have reversed the course towards "simulation". Who knows, maybe in 5-10 years we'll get rain, SC and 24hrs there, but I so, so root for R3E as their content and polish is spot on. Another good thing is that iRacing is making good progress in offline experience too, I heard they added SC in offline road courses, but atm they lack I rain and flat spots. But that's uncertain future :) so here I am, enjoying GTR2 in 2021 :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back