GTR2 - Objects are lit wrong

Can't figure out what is causing this, but in GTR2, all objects (my own, from xpacks or from other modellers) are lit wrong. The side of building where the sun shines is dark and the side of the shadow is bright. Any ideas?

Also the sealings are lit and roofs dark, as seen on the tower in the picture. So everything seems to be the opposite of what they should be.

Shadows.jpg

In Sketchup, the faces that you can see are shown in white (before you texture the object). The "back" of the face is an unappealing shade of blue. I guess it's that colour so we have to do everything we can so we don't have to see it! XD
If you see the unappealing shade of blue, right click on the face and select "Reverse Face".

Also, If you go into the styles menu in Sketchup you can change the colour for the front/back faces so they are more noticable. Before exporting any of my models I always change the front face to bright red and the back to bright green. Its really easy to spot faces that need reversing then.

No, it's not reversed faces. They would look something totally different if they where.

Objects are just fine in SketchUp, 3DSimEd and in Blender. It's either BTB or GTR2, but I don't have any clue how to fix this.

When you have the object tab open in BTB, simply go to the edit tab and choose the scale tool. Instead of enlarging the model by pulling on the axis, go the other way until it flips. Obviously choose the X or Y axis, the Z will turn your model upsidown lol.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 389 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 262 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 252 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 184 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 310 13.0%