GTR2 GTR2 multiplayer

I recently discovered the joy of GTR2 and and would really like to race online, become part of a community, I'm not very good and was wondering if there is a way to race on GTR2 online for noobie novice racers. I've been to the site below, but struggling to understand how to get into the online races, also, I do not want to install all the required mods and find it difficult to understand the language.
http://www.koelschbierbude.de/content/view/619/960/lang,en/

GTR2 works great on my potato computer and was rally cheap on steam, I'm hoping that a great game at a cheap price would grow the community if I can find a lobby server, if I understand, if you have a lobby server you can host your own games? Maybe there is room for a rookie league where people like me who want to do some sim racing just to relax and test their skills can have some good clean fun. I'm hoping to convince some of my friends to join.

That sounds like a great idea, somewhere, where a old noob like me, can catch up on the history and have quick way to jump into sim racing without breaking the budget.

If you or @SkullArmy ever get to setup a lobby with a dedicated server that can cater for novice racers, I would like to be in the first race.

I was even thinking, with all the cloud computing available these days, it should be possible to setup a dedicated server, it could be setup to host a novice race every Friday or Saturday at 16:00 GMT, where people can join and just have some nice racing. Maybe make it entry level that someone who just downloaded the game can spend 30min setting up their game with the most basic changes and race on Monza for a hour or so.

The only requirements for joining the hosted lobby is patching your game to 1.1 and using their server info download...they tell you to download the mods, but none are necessary to connect.
Your PLR file will control all of the multilayer settings one you do get connected.
The main thing that matters for mods is that your files MATCH with whomever you’re joining. Extra mods on either end are fine, but if you run the same content it has to be identical or you will get a mismatch.

I believe hosting a lobby could be as simple as having a web server with a proper database to log the random logins used to connect nowadays...would be nice to have options on lobby locations
Lastly, I recommend having an install for SP and a patched one for MP, 3rd party programs such as SimHub and CrewChief only work with the Steam version as well as the 1.1 version being the only requirement to join MP

keep in mind the lobby system is the core to MP for GTR2

Last edited:
Hi. Recently, a friend and I wanted to play too, but were surprised to find we couldn't do it. I've searched a lot of sites but the discussion is dead everywhere. I also went to the site the above person is talking about. Now I am here. Can i play online? Thanks. I am sorry for my English, I am from Russia.

RaceDepartment Store (5% Premium Member Discount)

The SPORT Series is inspired by car racing seats, combining comfort with racing aesthetic giving you that extra edge so you can work harder and game longer. Designed with superior ergonomics and adjustability providing you with the best comfort in every position to accommodate extended periods...
Two Grip Material Options Alcantara & Leather Comfortableness is just as important as performance. The Alcantara made in Italy offers you luxury supercar hand feel. For racers who prefer geniune leather, the fine graine leather will never let you down. Forged Carbon Fiber Magnetic Shifter The...
The ELITE Series is designed to enhance your gaming experience. Buy now from GTOmega.com for USD 299,95 A combination of form and function, these chairs are designed to give a wide range of adjustability to fit gamers preferences and movements throughout the day. Featuring high-quality...
The perfect addition to the GT Omega ART Racing Simulator Cockpit, this monitor stand allows ergonomic positioning of monitors from 22” to 52” in size. Buy now from GTOmega.com for USD 119,95 It offers a practical and convenient monitor position to suit any location with movable and lockable...
RaceDepartment
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
First official Simucube Wireless Wheel from Finnish company Granite Devices. Excellent standard GT-wheel to get you started on racing! Comes with Wheelside SQR Buy now from simucube.com for € 829,82 Tahko GT-21 Wireless Wheel, the first steering wheel in the Simucube ecosystem. It offers...
The best possible Direct Drive wheel base designed for professional racers, racing teams, and race car drivers has an abundant 32 Nm of torque and the maxed-out torque response rate is at your disposal at any time and anywhere. Buy now from simucube.com for € 3156,89 Simucube 2 Ultimate wheel...