GTR2 Monitor 16:9 / 21:9

Hello,

Someone would tell me, based on your experience if GTR2 makes better on a 16:9 monitor or on a 21:9 monitor?

In the case of 16:9 and better a 24" or a 27" (even if it has the biggest pixels)?

Thank you!

Personally I had one 16/9 at a time used for both bureautics and simracing and the last one was a 16/9 24"
Afterwards I came to keep this 16/9 for bureautics but used a 21/9 as soon as I had a rig ( and not a chair to play at my desk ).... first a 29" and now for nearly 2 years a ultrawide 34" curved.

So, I'm able to compare and immediately can choose the best format for racing games: definitely 21/9 seems the most logical and practical one .... as a true windshield looks more like a 21/9 than a 16/9 and this 21/9 corresponds better to our human view. ( If you can afford and place a 32/9 that's also fine even though I'd prefer a triple if place is not a problem )

Playing all sims on it ... GTR2 is no exception ... let's say menus were not 100% perfect but with 10th Anniv Patch and all possible options, that's fine enough and no single problem on track choosing the best defview cam possible.

Last edited:
I race solely in VR, my rig doesn't even have monitor, but I fix things in GTR2 on 21x9 and it seems to render correctly. IMHO, the wider the screen the more true to life racing is. Human FOV is 220degrees, FIA helmet has 180deg FOV. Even when you take drivers license test they check if you see well at edges of your vision. So my vote would be 21:9 and if you can I would even go triple setup. One drawback though 21:9 will be a bit more demanding on GPU/CPU but not by much.

Jempy mentioned menu issues, but there's a fix for Steam GTR2.exe that lets you have better UI scaling on triples or ultrawide.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back