GTR2 keyboard warrior asking for help

pit chief: "telemetry shows your engine is running hot....shift *******(not clear)"
the chief kept warning me of this after 5 laps in Valencia in my Ferrari 550......but when i drive the NGT Porsche i dont get any radio chatter even if i run the whole 90 min practice.....
well i am doing throttle and brake with keyboard and driving with mouse and auto shifting......i honestly dont know the mechanics behind car driving so can anyone guide me whats going on and how to prevent this?
BTW how to get the telemetry on my hud?the 2011/2016 WEC mod has it....and i want it on my other GTR2 coz WEC mod freezes my PC in HDD....

You shouldn't experience overheating issue with HQ cars from 10th Anniv.Patch and FiaGT2005 because I have fixed the physics.
By the way you can modify settings in garage setup to avoid this issue with other mods : reduce engine rev limit by 100 or 200 and increase air intake as said above

You shouldn't experience overheating issue with HQ cars from 10th Anniv.Patch and FiaGT2005 because I have fixed the physics.
By the way you can modify settings in garage setup to avoid this issue with other mods : reduce engine rev limit by 100 or 200 and increase air intake as said above
i dont know what happened.....but when i drive ferrari 550 the pit crew warns me of engine overheat after 5 to 10 laps in warmup.....maybe the 2000-2009 fia gt mod uses a different car scheme?

BTW how to get the telemetry on my hud?the 2011/2016 WEC mod has it....and i want it on my other GTR2 coz WEC mod freezes my PC in HDD....

Test Anniversary on fresh GTR2

Test WEC on fresh GTR2

( edit : garage settings already mentioned )

P.S. Some 3rd party car mods will overwrite files of mods of mods ..etc.
Some mods require more then one mod and that they are installed in correct order
Even then there are overwrites

the only way to be 100% is to use GME ( Generic mod Enabler ) imho

Last edited:
bigger air intake? how?
shifting early? -_- i did say i am doing auto shifting....there must be some other way to lengthen the shifting process...
Dear tahzib.

Can i ask if you use a steering wheel or just keyboard Or planning to get a wheel?

Second: no race car will drive full revs during race, full revs you can do for 2 to 4 laps if your lucky 6 laps.

Real life races cars also dont use full revs during race and short shift (meaning shift earlyer then normal) some of the gears..
Also drop it earlyer in the highest gear.

3th: first tab in garage menu you got above the selected fuel and brake and engine mapping a option to increase your engine air intake.

4th: second tab in garage menu you got also a option to increase brake duct(air intake for the brakes)

5th: on the first tab in the centre you got your gears. Try to increase the 3th 4th 5th and 6th gear a 1 or 2 clicks (on the plus symbol)

6th if you use keyboard you can select manual shift with auto clutch
(Done in options menu under the tab with the options to chance how hard the sim is. And all other driving aid options)

A side note increasing duct size of the engine and the same applies for brake duct.. it increases the drag so you car is slower in a straight line increase of fuel use.

So its a balancing act between engine/brake heat and speed.

You say after 5 laps your pitcrew is telling you to shift gears because your engine is overheating.

If you are in a race thats 10 laps
And your engine is overheating at 5 laps.
So 50% of the race done. 1 click bigger air intake and manual shifting with auto clutch so you can drop it quicker in higher gear.

And go use a gui/app called xd here on race deparment you also get the overview map with it so you can see where everybody is on the track

Can i ask if you use a steering wheel or just keyboard Or planning to get a wheel?
just keyboard for throttle and mouse for steering......
BTW will reducing the throttle sensitivity way down delay the throttle going max rev?
do u have any guideline for manual shifting? do i use the corner markers as required gear for that particular corner?
the only manual shifting i have ever done are the NFS Drag races..... -_-

just keyboard for throttle and mouse for steering......
BTW will reducing the throttle sensitivity way down delay the throttle going max rev?
do u have any guideline for manual shifting? do i use the corner markers as required gear for that particular corner?
the only manual shifting i have ever done are the NFS Drag races..... -_-

Dont use mouse. Do use upper arrow for gas down arrow for braking left en right arrow for turning and something like left shift and left ctrl for up and down shift
With auto clutch and little steering help.

Because with mouse but it applies also for keyboard you need some computer help to steer thats why even a 5 dollar cheap wheel without force feedback is betyer then keyboard and or mouse in every racing game

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%