GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-2

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-2 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
GTR2 HQ Anniversary Patch is much bigger now and YOU MUST GET 2 parts now :
I repeat that because too many people don't read install.txt within archive and don't download part 2:D

BECAUSE I AM FED UP TO READ NOOBS POSTS ON OTHER FORUMS WHICH SAY THAT HQ PATCH DOESN'T WORK WITH CREWCHIEF : IF I DOWNLOAD A MOD SOMEWHERE WHICH IS TAGGED PART 1 THEN I SEARCH AT LEAST TO DOWNLOAD PART 2... there is a minimum of logic :confused: :O_o::cautious::alien::whistling:

I LET GTR2.EXE NOCD BY DEFAULT BECAUSE THIS IS THE CASE IN POWER&GLORY MOD TOO AND LESS CONFUSING. IF YOU WANT TO RUN CREWCHIEF AFTER HQ PATCH OR POWER&GLORY INSTALL THEN YOU MUST EITHER USE MUCHO CREWCHIEF FOR NOCD (but unofficial so some CC features will not work) OR INSTALL GTR2 DIGITAL EXE WITH GTR2_SETUP.CMD to make official CrewChief work with all features.

Last edited:
Hotfix4 available now :

Hello,
Hotfix4 available now :
How do we change the headlights now?

What do you mean by changing headlights ?
You have a genstring.txt into each car folder which tells you the number position in genstring line for headlights and also which number for specific color, if this was your question.

What do you mean by changing headlights ?
You have a genstring.txt into each car folder which tells you the number position in genstring line for headlights and also which number for specific color, if this was your question.
As I understand it there used to be a hq headlights mod? I don't see it anywhere. The headlights are giving me low framerate so I'd like to use the standard ones and not the hd ones

Here is hotfix 5 with option to change headlights for base cars and all mods which use default headlights :

Thx once more but I am sorry to say that this kinda DL is kinda weird. Why not make a normal file and upload to Mediafire or Googldrive!? I cannot change this kinda file - when I DL it is named "7z." already but is a TXT file only. I cannot change that and I also dunno how. Is everyone happy with this!? Again sry but I really wanna use your most welcomed patches! :-O

It's not complicated at all @TheBigHase ... if you first modify the folder display with ticking the File Name extension property.

What you download is: HQ_Ann_Patch_15_5_HOTFIX_5.7z.TXT
You just have then to simply delete the .TXT and click OK for the message of a possible error which will appear.... so that it becomes HQ_Ann_Patch_15_5_HOTFIX_5.7z .... file you'll be of course able to unzip.

It's not complicated at all @TheBigHase ... if you first modify the folder display with ticking the File Name extension property.

What you download is: HQ_Ann_Patch_15_5_HOTFIX_5.7z.TXT
You just have then to simply delete the .TXT and click OK for the message of a possible error which will appear.... so that it becomes HQ_Ann_Patch_15_5_HOTFIX_5.7z .... file you'll be of course able to unzip.
Duh!? And that is exactly what I'm trying over and over and which does not work. But you know what!? So be it. :-(

Duh!? And that is exactly what I'm trying over and over and which does not work. But you know what!? So be it. :-(
I guess the problem comes from windows settings :
Go to panel settings
Folders settings
Display
Scroll down in options list
When you see "hide known extensions" just untick the box then ok
Now you should see .txt extension which was hidden by windows by default, so right click on my file update5 then rename and delete .TXT then enter and you will get 7z archive that you can extract.
I do that because 7z format cannot be uploaded directly here and external links are forbidden here at RD.
If you still do not manage to get this update then wait for next week as I will upload the big 15.6 update :D

HQ Anniversary Patch 15.6.4 HOTFIX

- fixed nude GTR2 and PnG3 slim detection at tyre gravels page in GTR2_SETUP.CMD : in 15.6.0 you can install tyre gravels skins in GTR2 cars folders even if there is no more GTR2 cars which can lead to not detect nude GTR2 or PnG3 slim install for other options afterward, it is fixed now
- fixed external driver body skins inside GTR233_SETUP folder : in 15.6.0 I have updated my gloves-suits-shoes to v2.0 inside GameData but I forgot to do the same in optional GTR233_SETUP folder so you had old driver skins in external view (no new MOMO skins) if you set HQ suits via setup, it is fixed now
- fixed roof cam position to not cut some porsche GT3 roofs in defviews.cam
- fixed some buttons misalignment in UI Prime
- fixed driver suits swap in setup
- updated driver suits-gloves contrast (thanks to ZA-7 for advice)
- updated legal screen

Edit: removed hotfix file because it is included in 15.7.0 full update

Last edited:
That patch is nice and all but where has the HD collection gone ? Recall there was a separate 10th anniversary patch AND the HD collection but now it seems to have been merged ? I wanna make a separate install for the FRM Mod so I won't bother with the HD cars (as all cars and tracks that aren't Super Touring won't be there) but if I just want another HUD I can't anymore ? Cheers.

Nothing was removed, on contrary HQ Anniversary Patch is bigger : I have merged all my HQ mods in 1.
Now you need to run GTR2_SETUP.CMD then make a NUDE GTR2 at page 14 (XIV) :
- type 1 to delete gtr2 cars only (base+hq)
- type 2 to delete gtr2 cars sounds
- type 3 to delete all GTR2 circuits (base+hq)
- type 4 to delete all GTR2 content (base+hq)

For a complete mod like FRM or FIA GT 1997-2009 (you've got all cars+sounds+tracks in mod) then I suggest you to type 4 ;)
If you want to keep gtr2 base circuits then type 1 to remove cars, then at next page type R to return to page XIV and type 2 to remove sounds then type X to exit or simply close setup window.
My GTR2 SETUP is dynamic : some pages/options will be skipped if gtr2 or png3 content is not detected by setup.
After that you will still be able to change language, hud, or any hq mods which doesn't need gtr2 base game :)

Attachments

• GTR2_SETUP.jpg
    GTR2_SETUP.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 107
it is a bit disappointing that they have been merged, as i tend to only want to use a few things depending on the mod i am using, so having to go through a full set up just for a few tweaks feels like too much effort to go through

HQ MODS are located inside GTR233_SETUP folder, you can still manually copy-paste them but not so easy to use as my setup : you just need to type 1 choice at each page or type S to skip (hold S key to skip several pages).

If you have several gtr2 game installs then you can simply move both GTR233_SETUP + GTR2_SETUP.CMD into another gtr2 install as long as other gtr2 installs have got at least hq anniv. Patch part1 installed.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 291 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.6%