GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-2

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-2 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Love this update! Just got back into GTR2 on my new setup and this feels so much better

Is there a way to make the hud smaller? I'm using a xbox controller and external view at the moment. The hud just feels a bit big for my screen setup. I did try mini but I prefer hud 5 to look at

When my wheel is back out of storage I will go back to cockpit view

What happened to the GTR2 HQ Mods Collection using JSGME? I used to use it along with the manual files of the Anniversary patch mods to combine both to make sure I had all the fixes & improvements and all their newest versions.....

Also, there were 2 different sets of improved default cars included. 1 was the HQ cars pack but there was another as well (I forgot the name). I remember testing both to see which physics I liked better...

OK. I'm not an expert here but can someone help with this? I've downloaded all three parts (part one is a PDF file?). When I put them in the GTR2 directory and try to extract part two or three, they just extract to a new zip file. When I try to extract that file it just goes into another newzip file. I'm lost here.

OK. I'm not an expert here but can someone help with this? I've downloaded all three parts (part one is a PDF file?). When I put them in the GTR2 directory and try to extract part two or three, they just extract to a new zip file. When I try to extract that file it just goes into another newzip file. I'm lost here.
Part 1 is not a PDF
Download latest 7ZIp which was used to compress this
7Zip run as admin select zip and rar extensions and enable context menus
right click on part 1 " extract here" whatever ;)

Got this installed last night and I was surprised that it all works, with CrewChief as well. Pretty awesome updates if you ask me! I can't figure out how to get any AA working with either Nvidia Inspector or NVCP. The in-game AA 'works' but regardless of what I do with the others it doesn't. Yes I did follow the guide included with the Anniversary patch but I'm probably not doing something right.

Got this installed last night and I was surprised that it all works, with CrewChief as well. Pretty awesome updates if you ask me! I can't figure out how to get any AA working with either Nvidia Inspector or NVCP. The in-game AA 'works' but regardless of what I do with the others it doesn't. Yes I did follow the guide included with the Anniversary patch but I'm probably not doing something right.
I'm not sure if Crew Chief changes anything because they do some deep fundamental changes beyond just "mods" like flatspotting and such so I have no idea if they did anything with graphics but, assuming things still act like normal, you just enable AA from regular Nvidia Control Panel and, Nvidia Inspector if you want to use Sparse Grid Supersampling. A lot of people recommend using the Diablo 3 AA profile flag (near the top of NV Inspector).

If the AA isn't applying, you may need to check "Disable fullscreen optimizations" (right-click game's EXE). You should generally do this anyways as fullscreen optimizations can lower framerate, cause stutters, and add input lag compared to running the game in full-on fullscreen mode. Optimizations is a deceiving word as Windows is not optimizing anything, it's just making the game run more like it's in Windowed mode.

I read, with Win 11, you don't want to disable fullscreen optimizations as that can cause issues due to Win 11 handling things completely different. I have no clue if that is true or not but with anything pre Win 11 (eg. Win 10), I highly suggest disabling fullscreen optimizations.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if Crew Chief changes anything because they do some deep fundamental changes beyond just "mods" like flatspotting and such so I have no idea if they did anything with graphics but, assuming things still act like normal, you just enable AA from regular Nvidia Control Panel and, Nvidia Inspector if you want to use Sparse Grid Supersampling. A lot of people recommend using the Diablo 3 AA profile flag (near the top of NV Inspector).

If the AA isn't applying, you may need to check "Disable fullscreen optimizations" (right-click game's EXE). You should generally do this anyways as fullscreen optimizations can lower framerate, cause stutters, and add input lag compared to running the game in full-on fullscreen mode. Optimizations is a deceiving word as Windows is not optimizing anything, it's just making the game run more like it's in Windowed mode.

I read, with Win 11, you don't want to disable fullscreen optimizations as that can cause issues due to Win 11 handling things completely different. I have no clue if that is true or not but with anything pre Win 11 (eg. Win 10), I highly suggest disabling fullscreen optimizations.
I didn't note but I am on Win 11 now with my new build.

EDIT: Seems to be working now, whatever I did.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years