GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
stock cars and tracks are not overwritten, HQ versions are addons and you should see "HQ" in description name for HQ cars/tracks.

DucFreak (he worked for Blimey! and he was one of those guys who made GTR2) 's UI has been released many years ago at nogripracing first (my version adds minor changes in garage menu) and nobody reported dead lcd/gpu (10th Anniversary PATCH has been developped on my 10 years old Dell Athlon64 5600+ nvidia 9800GT 512mo for 3 years and my pc is still alive :) ) : maybe you can try to increase refresh rate of your monitor to reduce letters flickering ? Personally I don't see letters flickering on my Dell monitor so I can't say much to help you.

Last edited:
stock cars and tracks are not overwritten, HQ versions are addons and you should see "HQ" in description name for HQ cars/tracks.

DucFreak (he worked for Blimey! and he was one of those guys who made GTR2) 's UI has been released many years ago at nogripracing first (my version adds minor changes in garage menu) and nobody reported dead lcd/gpu (10th Anniversary PATCH has been developped on my 10 years old Dell Athlon64 5600+ nvidia 9800GT 512mo for 3 years and my pc is still alive :) ) : maybe you can try to increase refresh rate of your monitor to reduce letters flickering ? Personally I don't see letters flickering on my Dell monitor so I can't say much to help you.

It's not really flickering, more like the brightness going slightly up and down, like CRT displays used to.
It's really minimal, but I have never experienced it before on an LCD and wanted to make sure it's not a prob.

I have been a Nogripracing user since 2008, really miss that forum!
Very familiar with mr DucFreak (especially his amazing work on P&G V3).
I am so glad you guys still work on GTR2 and keep it at it's best (please don't stop!).
It's my favourite sim to date.
Even Assetto Corsa doesn't feel so satisfactory as this does :)

Going to download some nice tracks and enjoy this fine work, while I have time to do so.

It's not really flickering, more like the brightness going slightly up and down, like CRT displays used to.
It's really minimal, but I have never experienced it before on an LCD and wanted to make sure it's not a prob
Perhaps your pc is too powerful and you've got too much fps so white letters blink very fast : try to limit your fps around 120-140 with nvidia profile inspector and tell me if it is better or not. Otherwise I have no more idea to help you.

Perhaps your pc is too powerful and you've got too much fps so white letters blink very fast : try to limit your fps around 120-140 with nvidia profile inspector and tell me if it is better or not. Otherwise I have no more idea to help you.
Unfortunately I have a 60 Hz monitor, so running with vsync. That will be changed when I have a faster monitor. Maybe this is the reason?

I totally recommend against using vsync in GTR2 as FFB is tied to your FPS in the game's engine and it causes FFB to feel differently depending on FPS: The more the better so if you can get more FPS not using vsync that's totally recommended. Running in windowed mode allows Windows Desktop's triple buffering to take over too so tearing isn't too much of a problem.

I totally recommend against using vsync in GTR2 as FFB is tied to your FPS in the game's engine and it causes FFB to feel differently depending on FPS: The more the better so if you can get more FPS not using vsync that's totally recommended. Running in windowed mode allows Windows Desktop's triple buffering to take over too so tearing isn't too much of a problem.

I have indeed noticed the FFB was 'unstable'.
Didn't know triple buffering is the solution, will be testing this. Thanks for the tip!
Didn't have a proper GPU for years, so I have to catch up with the settings. Learning fast.

Here is a hotfix for unfair AI tyre wear, download file below, rename file without .TXT to get 7z archive, extract in your game folder.
As usual, fix is dedicated to HQ cars only and not stock vanilla game to avoid online mismatch.

Last edited:
Tried running it in windowed mode, but the menus were off the scale, so buttons in the bottom part were partially cut off the screen. I have checked the windowed mode in the config file. Fail for me..
Would love to try it, because without v-sync the massive tearing looks s#it on the screen (testing on Targa Florio track).

I use that app with GTR2.

Does it crash like mad for everyone else?

Like it's great for initially fullscreenizing but I swear every other GTR2 load it crashes and I have to go to the process manager and kill it and restart it.

Thanks, will test it tonight. Curious.

Does this app solve the problem of Alt-Tab ? .... as it seems to be a big GTR2 problem.
Mostly not regularly used when driving ... but of course much more when testing new skins, new add in a mod etc ...
When testing, I often forget it and ..... GTR2 is frozen again.... kill the process is the only solution.
Does a windowed mod ( with app or not ) help to avoid this problem ?

Yes, it makes it a real window, like modern full-screen windowed mode gaming, and you can alt-tab quickly and efficiently as you would expect from any other modern game.

Is there a way to make the menu and hud to appear in middle screen only in 3 monitor configuration? I cannot seem to find a way.

Would be nice if there were but I'm not aware of it.

In the meantime, think about using something like Windowed Borderless Gaming to force the game onto the center screen...assuming you're not actually playing at 3x monitor resolution.

GTR233 updated GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH with a new update entry:

GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH

GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH v9.11 by GTR233 and friends
-------------------------------------------------------

GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch v9.6 review by Paul Jeffrey
GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch v9.3 review by Maxou Le Pilote

This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v19.00 (update your archiver if it tells you that the archive is corrupted)
Archive size = 489 Mo
Archive MD5 checksum =...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just wanted to reiterate How much I appreciate all the work you've done on this game. It has always been in my top 3 choices for racing sims. This latest update has got it competing with Raceroom, my other favorite. The graphics are amazing considering how old this game is. Thanks again for all your hard work. Or as we say in Hawaii, Many Many maholo's.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back