GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm having an odd issue. I load up the game, and the game gets minimized, and a small error box that says "Options Frame Add Error: Could not load Picture_GridT.tga." The game doesn't crash however, as if I close the error window and open the minimized tab, the game runs perfectly fine.

I'm getting a CTD on HQ Valencia Vanilla GP 2004 as it completes the loading image but fails to load the garage. Is anyone else?

Nothing that looks like an error in trace.txt.

Last edited:
Anyone else having this weird ghosting issue? Not sure if it's something new. I noticed it on both variants of HQ Spa mostly in the evening. Happens when there is sudden movement (when you turn sharply for example). On the first photo you can see it on the lamp posts and in the second the trees and even opponent names. On regular Spa the issue doesn't seem to occur. I didn't test all the tracks but I tried HQ Imola and it seems fine there as well. I used pretty much only recommended/default settings in the setup.

Bez tytułu.png
Bez tytułu2.png

Last edited:
I'm having an odd issue. I load up the game, and the game gets minimized, and a small error box that says "Options Frame Add Error: Could not load Picture_GridT.tga." The game doesn't crash however, as if I close the error window and open the minimized tab, the game runs perfectly fine.
What did you install exactly ?
Clean install ?
Which ui did you choose ?
Is it hq anniversary patch or hq mods collection setup ?
You cannot copy-paste files manually from GTR233_SETUP, you must use GTR2_SETUP.CMD and NEVER GO INSIDE GTR233_SETUP FOLDER OTHERWISE YOU WILL MESS THE SETUP.
V15.4 is not compatible with older versions so a clean install is mandatory :
- fresh gtr2 install
- hq anniversary patch 15.4
- optional hq mods collection setup 15.4

Moreover, last hq mods collection setup 15.4 cannot be used alone anymore as it calls required files from hq anniversary patch 15.4 (not compatible with older hq anniv. Patch).

I Repeat,
- either install hq anniv. Patch alone (no option, no setup)

- or install both hq anniv. Patch 15.4 and hq mods collection setup 15.4

I'm getting a CTD on HQ Valencia Vanilla GP 2004 as it completes the loading image but fails to load the garage. Is anyone else?

Just tested and no ctd on my side with fresh gtr2 install+hq anniv. Patch 15.4+hq mods collection setup 15.4
V15.4 is no more compatible with older versions of my mods so do not mix them otherwise CTD.
Anyone else having this weird ghosting issue? Not sure if it's something new. I noticed it on both variants of HQ Spa mostly in the evening. Happens when there is sudden movement (when you turn sharply for example). On the first photo you can see it on the lamp posts and in the second the trees and even opponent names. On regular Spa the issue doesn't seem to occur. I didn't test all the tracks but I tried HQ Imola and it seems fine there as well. I used pretty much only recommended/default settings in the setup.

View attachment 476860View attachment 476861
Do you use time acceleration ? It may be the cause at transitions between day/sunset or sunrise/day.

Last edited:
Do you use time acceleration ? It may be the cause at transitions between day/sunset or sunrise/day.

Unfortunately not. I have it set on Realtime. It's not game breaking by any means but just weird and pretty distracting, everything around me just blurs, also odd that it happens only on some tracks (for now Spa HQ is the only one I know of) and on a certain time of day. When you get a chance, you can try to replicate the issue. Try running a race at Spa HQ (2004 or 2003 will do) with time set to 19:00 and try to make some sharp turns on the start-finish straight. If it looks okay for you then it must be something on my end.

EDIT: It seems running the game at 144hz with G-Sync with FPS limited to 120fps made ghosting barely noticeable. Normally I run 60hz most of the time so I consume less energy (weird I know lol)

Last edited:
Unfortunately not. I have it set on Realtime. It's not game breaking by any means but just weird and pretty distracting, everything around me just blurs, also odd that it happens only on some tracks (for now Spa HQ is the only one I know of) and on a certain time of day. When you get a chance, you can try to replicate the issue. Try running a race at Spa HQ (2004 or 2003 will do) with time set to 19:00 and try to make some sharp turns on the start-finish straight. If it looks okay for you then it must be something on my end.

EDIT: It seems running the game at 144hz with G-Sync with FPS limited to 120fps made ghosting barely noticeable. Normally I run 60hz most of the time so I consume less energy (weird I know lol)
Do you see the same with AFSC tinytweak hq physics ? AndreasFSC has set specific track lighting in his version so maybe it is better ???

Okay, I'm getting this after installing either HQ-Physics-1-GTR2-Original-Vanilla-by-SimBin or maybe HQ-Tyres-1-GTR2-Original-Vanilla-by-SimBin from HQ Mods over top of a stock HQ Anniversary Patch.

EDIT: Weird, tried again and installed UI-1-GTR2-Original-Prime-by-GTR233, then Skies-HQ-4k, then HQ-Physics-1-GTR2-Original-Vanilla-by-SimBin, then HQ-Tyres-1-GTR2-Original-Vanilla-by-SimBin and it's not crashing this time.

@GTR233 I'm trying to get a refreshed graphics and sound GTR2 without affecting physics, tyres, that kind of thing. Are there any other mods I should revert to achieve that?

Last edited:
My $0.02, I still think that bug with Spin Recovery always being re-enabled on Novice mode even when explicitly disabled should be fixed.

Yes i have the same visual issue. It seems that the fog override setting is messed up for some trees on Spa.
Could you tell me the conditions to see this glitch please so I can see it to fix it ?
Race time, car selected,...
I know image is less sharp if you enable daytime acceleration (x2,x4,x60) so it is always best to let "real time" to have the best image. If you run 24h race in less than 24h then it is time accelerated too of course.

I loaded AFSC tinytweak physics through the setup but unfortunately same thing happens
Do you notice any fps drop when this glitch happens ? Ctrl+F to show fps at upper right corner.
What are your conditions : car selected, number of ai, single race or 24h event, race time ? Just to try to reproduce it : I still do not see it at the moment, it must happen at a precise time.

Last edited:
Do you notice any fps drop when this glitch happens ? Ctrl+F to show fps at upper right corner.
What are your conditions : car selected, number of ai, single race or 24h event, race time ? Just to try to reproduce it : I still do not see it at the moment, it must happen at a precise time.

Morgan Aero, Full HQ Grid, HQ Spa 2004, full grid (61 cars), 19:00, RealTime, 6 laps, skipped qualifying and practice sessions (one each). Seems to happen with every car though and with less AI as well. I'm on NVIDIA 1660Ti, I5 9400F, 16gb RAM. FPS is fine when it happens, I don't notice any noticeable drop. I tried setting graphics to both medium and full presets but it doesn't affect it. Pick 60hz and turn on V-Sync from either NVIDIA or GTR2 Config menu (I know it's advised not to but I play GTR2 on a controller so I don't need better ffb and I like having stable 60fps)

Last edited:
Morgan Aero, Full HQ Grid, HQ Spa 2004, full grid (61 cars), 19:00, RealTime, 6 laps, skipped qualifying and practice sessions (one each). Seems to happen with every car though and with less AI as well. I'm on NVIDIA 1660Ti, I5 9400F, 16gb RAM. FPS is fine when it happens, I don't notice any noticeable drop. I tried setting graphics to both medium and full presets but it doesn't affect it. Pick 60hz and turn on V-Sync from either NVIDIA or GTR2 Config menu (I know it's advised not to but I play GTR2 on a controller so I don't need better ffb and I like having stable 60fps)
Thank you, I saw the glitch and after investigation I know where the problem is : I will upload a hotfix tomorrow, thanks again for reporting this glitch as it happens during a short time so not easy to detect it ;)

Could you tell me the conditions to see this glitch please so I can see it to fix it ?
Race time, car selected,...
I know image is less sharp if you enable daytime acceleration (x2,x4,x60) so it is always best to let "real time" to have the best image. If you run 24h race in less than 24h then it is time accelerated too of course.
The issue is visible on all time of day even on the night when pushing up the brightness of the screenshot. Time progression is set to realtime.

Original Track 17:00 fullgrid of 61 cars starting at the last position
GTR2 2021-05-25 21-14-32.jpg

HQ version 17:00
GTR2 2021-05-25 21-21-49.jpg

HQ version 12:00
GTR2 2021-05-25 21-09-06.jpg

Yes I was able to reproduce this glitch with PiotrGT indications and it is fixed (at least for me, so need to be tested) here :

After a quick test I can confirm that the fix is working! Thanks @GTR233 and everyone who contributed to the patch for all your work and keeping GTR2 alive!

EDIT: After applying a hotfix and going through setup I lost "RACE" text from "CONTINUE TO RACE" and propably some other text as there is a blank space on the race screen.

Attachments

• GTR2 bug.png
    GTR2 bug.png
    681.6 KB · Views: 91
  • gtr2 bug maybe.png
    gtr2 bug maybe.png
    767.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
After a quick test I can confirm that the fix is working! Thanks @GTR233 and everyone who contributed to the patch for all your work and keeping GTR2 alive!

EDIT: After applying a hotfix and going through setup I lost "RACE" text from "CONTINUE TO RACE" and propably some other text as there is a blank space on the race screen.
Damn I forgot to check with DucFreak UI : I have removed the words "RACE" and "DRIVE" from dictionary because I did not like this text over start button in Original UI :D
No problem, you will have another hotfix tonight...with 2005 tracks fix too ;)

There's a minor issue with Reborn physics/Viper GTS-R. "Medium" tires are not spelled in all capital letters as other tire names, say SOFT etc. So spelling is not a big deal, but it might be worth checking if there's no more severe mixup, like wrong tire used :) Cheers.

GTR233 updated GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH part-1 with a new update entry:

GTR2 HQ ANNIV. PATCH PART1

-----------------------------------------------------------
| GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH part1 by GTR233 and friends |
-----------------------------------------------------------

Please read END-USER LICENCE AGREEMENT (EULA.txt) carefully before using the software. By installing or using this software, you agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA.

Archive size = 495 Mo
Archive MD5 = 830915119bec52a2545283bed910d887
Disk space requirement : 1.3 Go

This archive was compressed with...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back