GTR2 GET REAL PHYSICS MOD

Misc GTR2 GET REAL PHYSICS MOD 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
You've done a great job. But I think it would be good if you put the original files in the folder with the mod. This would greatly simplify testing your mod. Thanks.

I was reading your DOCX file in the download and I really think you should craft a download overview here on rd from parts of that.

The DOCX really helps paint a picture of what the mod is and how much effort has really gone into it.

Great effort you've put into this. Getting on track feels pretty good, actually.

Feedback from my install experience:

- Step 2 is confusing: Why not just include the files/folders as-is in the zip? Following the instructions there was already a Ferrari 550 Teams 2 folder so...I didn't know what to do. Overwrite it with Ferrari 550 Teams original folder? Or merge them and keep the #2 files?

- Step 3: Manually editing files <-- Never make the user do this if at all possible because most users just won't :) Just include it in the zip and overwrite the files.

- Include a recommended class/car/track that you feel demonstrates your mod well so the user isn't left guessing what they should try to see how it feels

^ Speaking of that, maybe include some car/track combos and what differences the user should be looking (eg. weightier steering, aerodynamic behaviour during braking, weight transfer, etc.)

- Make a video and include it in your overview :)

First observations on track:

- Weightier steering

- Tyres feel more flexible, more like pliable rubber?

- Feel a little bit more road texture through ffb?

- Farther braking distances?

- Maybe I'm just a bad driver but tires seemed to be close to overheating a lot (getting up to 100C quite a lot)

- Car feels more stable, less bumpiness on straights

Keep it up!

Last edited:
Great effort you've put into this. Getting on track feels pretty good, actually.

- Step 2 is confusing: Why not just include the files/folders as-is in the zip? Following the instructions there was already a Ferrari 550 Teams 2 folder so...I didn't know what to do. Overwrite it with Ferrari 550 Teams original folder? Or merge them and keep the #2 files?

- Step 3: Manually editing files <-- Never make the user do this if at all possible because most users just won't :) Just include it in the zip and overwrite the files.

- Include a recommended class/car/track that you feel demonstrates your mod well so the user isn't left guessing what they should try to see how it feels

^ Speaking of that, maybe include some car/track combos and what differences the user should be looking (eg. weightier steering, aerodynamic behaviour during braking, weight transfer, etc.)

- Make a video and include it in your overview :)

First observations on track:

- Weightier steering

- Tyres feel more flexible, more like pliable rubber?

- Feel a little bit more road texture through ffb?

- Farther braking distances?

- Maybe I'm just a bad driver but tires seemed to be close to overheating a lot (getting up to 100C quite a lot)

- Car feels more stable, less bumpiness on straights

Keep it up!
Thanks for your feedback. I will do that in the update in regards to installation. I recommend trying all mid engine cars first as they have much better straight line stability now. The changes are described in length in the readme file so no need to repeat it here.

Tyres peak temparature is around 100C according to Simbin Engineers handbook so no overheating there. They are exactly where they should be. Braking distances may be longer due to increased temperature buildup in the discs which is something I may alter in the update if I find different data for temparature sensitivity.

- Moving Wieth + Jmb550 to \Ferrari 550 Teams 2\ is confusing:

- Do I overwrite existing files or skip?

The changes are described in length in the readme file so no need to repeat it here.

That's another thing most users won't do: read the readme :D Best to put it up front where they're more likely to read it and experience what you're experiencing. Also, the readme is very verbose so leaving it to users to maybe pick out what you want them to see is a tough ask.

I know some modders don't care about users that don't want to invest the time but I want users to use my mods so I try to make everything as simple and accessible as possible. Then I feel good when people use it and give me feedback.

Last edited:
Wow. I just read your documentation. You must really love this. You did a LOT of work!

My understanding is that this modifies physics for the original GTR2 cars. Does it have any effect on car mods that have been added to GTR2?

Thank you.
Yeah the amount of work was staggering. It does not have any affect on car mods as they have their own HDC files and tyre files I would imagine.

I was looking at this again and especially the car manual link and kudos you put a lot of effort and attention into that spreadsheet.

It has always been in the back of my mind to try this out again

I think I had some uncertainty the first time about if I had even installed it correctly

But I'll try again and see if it brings more confidence this time

I'll recommend again that it would be very, very nice if all the manual copying/editing steps were just already included in GameData folder in the archive so installation would just be to extract+overwrite and then edit the PLR which is straightforward to do for most.

There's too much chance for error and a lack of confidence in being certain we end-users have installed it just exactly the way you have designed it to work.

I'll recommend again that it would be very, very nice if all the manual copying/editing steps were just already included in GameData folder in the archive so installation would just be to extract+overwrite and then edit the PLR which is straightforward to do for most.

There's too much chance for error and a lack of confidence in being certain we end-users have installed it just exactly the way you have designed it to work.
Yes, I will do that in the coming update.

Need_For_Speed updated GTR2 GET REAL PHYSICS MOD with a new update entry:

New version released

Version 1.1 brings many improvements across the board. The most important beeing new tire model. Cars will have better front grip and therefore corner entry speed due to corrected front tires grip values which were not modelled properly in original game. Same sized tires will have identical grip coefficents on both axles. Tire sizes were corrected for certain cars.

I have updated aerodynamic data for all cars also. For example many cars use fixed splitter now. Rear wing lift and drag curve...

Read the rest of this update entry...

From 1.1 hotfix docx:

Code:
Copy Gamedata folder into GTR2 directory.

IMPORTANT: 

A) Go into folder Gamedata/Teams/GT/Ferrari 550 Teams and delete folders Jmb550 + Wieth.

B) Go into folder Gamedata/Teams/24H/ Chevrolet Corvette Teams/ Excelsior and delete all files with prefix 03106_

Are the "Important" notes to be done before or after copying the new GameData folder into the GTR2 directory?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back