GTR2 + G29: FFB loses tension mid corner

Is it normal in GTR2 that you lose FFB tension mid corner? I got the Logitech G29 wheel. When I drive a longer, faster corner like in Spa 15 and 16 then the FFB tensions snaps mid corner for a second with a bang noise and then comes back. I had FFB strength set to 75 and I noticed this snap effect does almost not appear when I set it to 35~. But with FFB strength at 35 it feels way to easy to steer. In Assetto Corsa I never had this snap effect. Is there something else wrong with my FFB settings?

That might be the grip loss effect when you lose grip. Default ffb params for GTR2 made it drop off way too quickly.

Your wheel, essentially being a G25/G27, should be supported in game, though. In the FFB settings do you have Logitech selected and not "Wheel"?

It might feel better but I'm not sure.

Check out my SHO Competition FFB mod in the downloads selection if it's still not satisfactory.

Last edited:
Is it normal in GTR2 that you lose FFB tension mid corner? I got the Logitech G29 wheel. When I drive a longer, faster corner like in Spa 15 and 16 then the FFB tensions snaps mid corner for a second with a bang noise and then comes back. I had FFB strength set to 75 and I noticed this snap effect does almost not appear when I set it to 35~. But with FFB strength at 35 it feels way to easy to steer. In Assetto Corsa I never had this snap effect. Is there something else wrong with my FFB settings?
What car you driving.
I have also g29 i would like to try it out my self if i get the same result

I had what you have in gtr2 with rfactor 1 on the logitech momo.
But not with the g29

@Shovas Thanks that helped. I used the 920 settings for the G29 though.
@GP STONER That effect is fixed now with the new setting from Shovas, but you can experience it yourself with the Ferrari 350 Modena (default setup) and Zandervoort 2017 GP. In that combo it probably happened 8 times per lap.
Thx i would try it out shortly.

Also did you use the hq variant (i believe from the 10 year patch ) of the default 350 or the real real stock/vanilla cars.

Thx i would try it out shortly.

Also did you use the hq variant (i believe from the 10 year patch ) of the default 350 or the real real stock/vanilla cars.

I have the latest minus 1 HQ Anniversary patch installed. Not sure, but I think it's one of the HQ cars. I always used the skin "Maranello Concessionaires" if that helps to pin it down.

As GP Stoner said, it would be interesting to know which physics you applied to hq cars because there are very different ones.
Moreover, if you run GTR2_SETUP.CMD then you can also set Shovas PLR settings for your specific wheel.

As GP Stoner said, it would be interesting to know which physics you applied to hq cars because there are very different ones.
Moreover, if you run GTR2_SETUP.CMD then you can also set Shovas PLR settings for your specific wheel.
Yeah it would make a difference if people would give vital information
Like what car (modded or stock)
Setup or no setup.
Have a edit plr file or not.

Such many things could effect things in gtr2 that would making help somebody a lot easier.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 510 39.0%