GTR2 freezes on Windows 10

Hello~
GTR2 worked fine on windows 10 before I pressed any key on keyboard. If I press any key on keyboard, GTR2 will freeze.
I have set the compatibility to XP or win7, but not work still.
BTW, it seems that ISI based racing games have the same symptom on windows 10, eg. rfactor 1 and BMW M3 challenge.
Please help ~
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hello,
I was just going to send a message here about a GTR2 freeze I encountered yesterday after +- 30 min race ( meant for 1 hour race ) of a weekend with practice + 2nd qualify session having been saved before race...
My T300RS was forcing a lot to turn to the left but I tried to resist until I might type a Ctrl-Alt-Del and stop my session ( that's the quickest operation possible ).

I never had any problem before and I don't remember having typed anything on keyboard during the race.

GTR2 Steam + latest HQ Anniv + CrewChief + ..... Simhub ( as the Wifi connection is not perfect in my rig I'm using it on same display as game ).

- for Simhub that way I need to play in windowed mode borderless ... that's one point I might suspect
- it was hot yesterday night in my place ... that might be PC hardware security which created this freeze
- I used keyboard in the previous sessions before race ... so I don't think the problem might be the keyboard or mouse .... else that might mean impossibility to run GTR2 with only buttons use.
NB: I have a StreamDeck ... but not recognized in GTR2 as it is a 4th USB device ( GTR2 seems limited to 3 )

So I can't help you but also needs ideas why this should have happened .... no sign of this of course in trace file.

NB I only hope Win10 updates aren't modifying anything in the settings allowing PC or GPU automatic standby !!

Last edited:
I hope too, if a win update is messing things up then i will delete that update.
About the USB devices, all those sim from same era have only 3, but i found a workaround in using Xpadder, with it i can operate as many devices i want :)

Last edited:
It will become complicated for crewchief team if gtr2 becomes no more compatible with win10 as crewchief 2021 works only with windows 10 (the very first versions of 2020 worked on win7/8).

I don't think Windows 10 is a real problem in my freeze ... I'd rather look to decrease a little bit the graphic options .... Spa 2005 with 45 cars is one of the possible elements ... the borderless windowed mode another one ... and adding CrewChief + Simhub the third one.

NB: 3440*1440 resolution in 100Hz and nearly full options ( except shadows ) ... that's maybe ask too much to GTR2 ... moreover with so many cars and rain also. :D
And it was still rather hot yesterday night.

So I'll try again another day ... I still have the saved files after the qualifying session.

@Jempy - make sure you run latest plugin 1.3.0.0 (see version in the .ini). It might be something that I fixed. Also, if you ever hit a crash that happens with plugin active (only with plugin active) feel free to PM me or better, post on plugin Beta thread at thecrewchief.org. I am always on a lookout for crashes or new problems caused by the plugin, so would appreciate them reported.

According to the MS documentation plugin is highly likely to run fine on Win7 with all the updates and newer, but steps from the manual need to be followed. Only Win10 is tested though, and for VR I wouldn't even try below 8.1.

Last edited:
No problem @The Iron Wolf ... I won't miss to report when I'm sure this might have something to do with CC, although I really doubt that it might be the case here.
NB: I'm well on 1.3.0.0 plugin version ( mostly always apply all CC new versions ).

When it'll be less hot in my place I'll redo the 1 hour race I already begun ( before the crash )... the session was saved after the end of the qualify session.... I'll keep first the same conditions as the 1st time but just with .... a normal temperature.
Should it crash one more time, I'd first try with full screen and without SimHub on same display ...
The aim should be to find where the problem was ... if it's possible.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%