GTR2 F 1988 Mod

How do I take the hop out of this car? I ran it at Spa and it bounces alot. Not sure what to change in the setup file to take that out? This the F1 1988 mod.

Last edited:
This is due to headphysics.hed settings or similar name : open any CAR file with notepad and check exact name at beginnig as it should be around 5th line.

I suggest you to use the one I set in my reworked f1 1994 mod here :

I named it F1SR94.hed file : copy this file in gamedata\teams then you can call it in all your bumpy/shaky mods by editing line in any CAR file ;)

Last edited:
I have checked the name of the hed file in f1 94 mod : it is f1sr94.hed that you must copy from gamedata\teams\f1sr94 to gamedata\teams

After that, you can set f1sr94.hed in any CAR file at the 5th line :
Replace
HEADPHYSICS=HEADPHYSIC.HED
by
HEADPHYSICS=F1SR94.HED

save CAR file and you should feel less shaking.

By the way f1 94 mod looks much better than f1 88 mod which doesn't have rain tires contrary to f1 94 I have updated with better cars models and interiors with full MoTeC lcd for most cars.

Last edited:
Sorry for the Lazarus post, but is the problem head bounce or suspension bounce? I f the latter, this is from an old nogrip thread about the '88 F1 mod, may be useful:

"Smother suspension for formula 1 - 1988
------------------------------------------
Go to your GTR 2 folder .... Game Data/Teams/Formula1_1988/Grid/Mclaren...
Then open the ''HDV'' file with Note Pad and scroll down the page until you see the section called..... ''[FRONTLEFT]''
edit and save these 2 lines as follows..
BumpTravel=-0.025
SpringRange=(68000.0, 2000.0, 106)
do this with all 4 wheels = [FRONTLEFT] ' [FRONTRIGHT] ' [REARLEFT] & [REARRIGHT]
thats it ...your done ..!
Now the car will drive a lot smother (not bumpy)...
do this with all or as meny teams as you wish ..
this is only a solution (& not a fix) that meny people are using to sort the problems with the over bumpy suspension......enjoy :)
----i'm not sure about the online capability if you edit this file....????
try it and find out?---- :)"

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 189 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years