GTR2 Driving School test by Billy Strange

People used to watch episodes of ISRTV may already know the famous SimRacer Billy Strange, last month he decided to try to pass his driving school tests again with his last hardware, as usual his advices are interesting and may be relevant for newcomers to GTR2 or simracing in general. He has released 8 episodes so far but I won't copy-paste each youtube video here, instead here is the official Billy's youtube channel so take a seat, some popcorns and enjoy his lessons :)
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCoF9tzqZaHgUXJnNrQ_RNJQ/videos

• Deleted member 955978

People used to watch episodes of ISRTV may already know the famous SimRacer Billy Strange, last month he decided to try to pass his driving school tests again with his last hardware, as usual his advices are interesting and may be relevant for newcomers to GTR2 or simracing in general. He has released 8 episodes so far but I won't copy-paste each youtube video here, instead here is the official Billy's youtube channel so take a seat, some popcorns and enjoy his lessons :)
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCoF9tzqZaHgUXJnNrQ_RNJQ/videos
Well, why don’t you put up the latest GT promo vid?
It drives better, has better visuals, and keeps it’s license
;)
This should only interest simcade drivers, the GT and Forza crowds.
Because it drives like that.
The Simulation standard today is way higher.
But thanks for the heads up...

Please don't feed the troll :)

I've really enjoyed watching these - I find them strangely addictive. Originally they were coming out on a daily basis. Then they slowed down and I got withdrawal symptoms :)

Clearly those of us who played GTR2 from its launch (or earlier in my case) can be accused of seeing it through rose tinted spectacles. But its nice to get Billy's viewpoint as he never drove GTR2 "back in the day".

• Deleted member 955978

Please don't feed the troll :)

I've really enjoyed watching these - I find them strangely addictive. Originally they were coming out on a daily basis. Then they slowed down and I got withdrawal symptoms :)

Clearly those of us who played GTR2 from its launch (or earlier in my case) can be accused of seeing it through rose tinted spectacles. But its nice to get Billy's viewpoint as he never drove GTR2 "back in the day".
You never drove it?:roflmao:
Sack scratching to you. :)

I've been watching Billy's recent GTR2 video series lately. Very cool, stuff. I wish he would do more than the school stuff though and I wish he'd get into all the mods and improvements we've been making.

This is the first time that Billy has played GTR2, so part of the viewing pleasure comes from watching him discover the good and bad in the sim.

The series also brings home just how good GTR2 was and is. It runs on a potato and is currently £4.99 on Steam, and £3.99 at Humble Bundle. RaceDepartment hosts lots of mods for the sim including the excellent 10-year anniversary patch. Please note that Porsche and Ferrari skins may need a separate download (due to licensing reasons), and there is also a patch file that helps expand GTR2's memory. Seek and ye shall find.

Apart from that, Billy is one of the best simtubers (apologies for the portmanteau word) around, and covers a variety of racing sims. He also makes improved AI lines for some Assetto Corsa tracks. And his natural speaking voice is deeper than the Grand Canyon. :D

• Deleted member 955978

This is the first time that Billy has played GTR2, so part of the viewing pleasure comes from watching him discover the good and bad in the sim.

The series also brings home just how good GTR2 was and is. It runs on a potato and is currently £4.99 on Steam, and £3.99 at Humble Bundle. RaceDepartment hosts lots of mods for the sim including the excellent 10-year anniversary patch. Please note that Porsche and Ferrari skins may need a separate download (due to licensing reasons), and there is also a patch file that helps expand GTR2's memory. Seek and ye shall find.

Apart from that, Billy is one of the best simtubers (apologies for the portmanteau word) around, and covers a variety of racing sims. He also makes improved AI lines for some Assetto Corsa tracks. And his natural speaking voice is deeper than the Grand Canyon. :D
I appreciate his ai work, but I disgrace his videos. Because it’s sub par, not only half professional.
If I watch a vid scattered with ahhh and whaasts, I shelve them under hobby display...

RaceDepartment hosts lots of mods for the sim including the excellent 10-year anniversary patch. Please note that Porsche and Ferrari skins may need a separate download (due to licensing reasons), and there is also a patch file that helps expand GTR2's memory.
I would like to precise that 10th Anniversary PATCH already includes the NOCD+4Gb PATCH+OFFICIAL EUROPEAN SIMBIN 1.1 PATCH to change Ferrari from grey to red ;)

Shameless plug: GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch is the best way to play GTR2 in 2019.

Playing stock GTR2 with no mods, like Billy has done, means he's missing out on so, SO much.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%