Gtr2 and championship

Hello

There is a way to tell gtr2 in championship mode what car to choose.

I mean when you go from a race with 60 cars to a race with 40 cars normaly its random

But if you add some thing to the car.file and track file and also in under championship event list you can choose what car drive the next race and what car not.

So you can choose at le mans they drive with 3 audi r18 but at sebring or monza etc they drive only with 2 audi r18's

But i have forgotten what to add in these files can anybody help me?

This question was not long ago asked in this thread:

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/question-about-creating-custom-championships.166522/

And the best answer was made by Peter van de Kolk

Stuff like this can be done by looking how Simbin did it for the 2003/2004 championships. Look at the track files to figure out the filter, check car files for classes used etc. Remember that in the championship file you have to specify the number of cars per race or the game will randomly add cars from the championship to fill the grid. But again, the devs have done it like this. It will definately work.

It doesn't specify how precisely it has to be done ... but imitating another example is surely the best way to find the solution

Jempy.. i did read the thing you send me.
Its a shame it not contains the info about what line to add in the championship file..

There is a line you could add under the event/track list normaly it contains monza weather=0 etc at that location you can add a line.. i dont remember what.. but it tells when you switch from track 1 to 2 that it only use the cars with the same name as the ai vehicle filter found in the track.gdb .. that piece of info was in a forum topic on no grip.

May be i could find it i have some gtr2 stuff saved in a private account on mediafire. I have saved lot of try outs on my pc and online.. maybe i still got a championship file containing the stuff i am talking about

I'll have a look as I'll need to re-read :D all this stuff... as I think I still know the meaning for the 1st one but am not sure for the 2nd.
I'll do it tomorrow as it is also necessary to read ... between the lines... and I'll have a mind ...clearer after a good night sleep. :laugh:

.... it dont still got random cars
i dont know why

When I read your 1st message, it looks you' re trying to do here the contrary.
Why are you trying to get random cars ?

But if you add some thing to the car.file and track file and also in under championship event list you can choose what car drive the next race and what car not.

So you can choose at le mans they drive with 3 audi r18 but at sebring or monza etc they drive only with 2 audi r18's

If you're looking for having precise cars for a race, as you mean with these sentences, I don't understand why you say then: "it dont still got random cars" ... as it's not your aim to have random cars.

Yes i want 2 audi r18 drive the whole championship not 3 audi r18's i only want the third audi r18 to join on spa and le mans.

I know it could be done i did it in the past.
But the tutorial on no grip is no more so i am forgotten how to do it

The problem for this AI Vehicle Filter = .... is it's a long work to do.
I don't know if you read the sentence till the end .... as it says:
"Do the same with all cars which were on this track.
Do the same with all tracks"

Else said that's work for each track and each car of your championship.... and it will take long.
( NB: there are tools to modify more files at a time ... but I already got mistakes when using them ... if the original files are not perfectly the same ).

I'm never running GTR2 championships ( as I always prefer driving Online in leagues: AC and RRE for the moment ). I'm just running apart events.
But if had to do it ... I'd rather do something very easy and quickly done .... If I don't wish a car on a special track of this championship .... before launching the next round on this track, I'd simply move the .car file of this car in a temp folder somewhere .... and put it back for the next round if necessary.

Finally the easiest solution if this kind of things does only happen for just a few cars.
Or maybe prepare this with JSGME if there were more cars in this case. .... once done, afterwards, everything may be reactivated as it originally was .... without another long work to do.

Last edited:
I work 6 days and 4 days off so of the 4 weekends i work 3. No time to join leagues at the moment.
So i am stuck with offline races.
Yes most people say ai sucks offline
Yes and no if you want good offline races you have to alter gtr2 in general..
Normaly every car has a set of liveries.. so 1 setup are applied over all the liveries of the same car type. Lets say every lotus liverie runs from 1 setup 1 eng file 1 tyr file and 1 hdc file.
(Setups are linked to hdc file not the xxx.car file)

To get some better ai within gtr2
Make every liverie a standalone car. So you can give lets say lotus number 1 a higher rear end downforce and number 2 lotus less rear end downforce. Or a other gear ratio. Bigger or smaller air duct so you get some difference between the same cars. Yes its a lot of work because if you want to get to most out of it you also need to tweak every talent file. But this give me the best possible ai races within gtr2

I know but I haven't days of 48 hours ... I'm already busy enough with GTR2 at different points of view but mostly ... skins and everything needed for them. ( all this added to other activities and already not sleeping enough :whistling: although I'm old enough to stay at home :D ).
I'm interested in every aspect but to each his specialty ... that's the pleasure of Simracing sharing.

In this case why you posted, I'm just the messenger to posts I found ... I surely might learn how to do ... but little free time left is my enemy. :(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%