Resource icon

Misc GTR2 2000-2004 NapMod V1.0 Part 1

Login or Register an account to download this content
barryg submitted a new resource:

GTR2 2000-2004 NapMod - A Mod that replicates GTR1

For those who remember GTR1, and miss having to feather the throttle and brakes with no aids whatsoever with GTR2, this might be of interest.

What this mod contains...

The default 2003-2004 GTR2 cars and the 2000-2002 mod.

The NapMod with the tires Lat/long 1st and 2nd order values corrected (the lat/long 1st and 2nd order values were the wrong way round).

No Driver Files are included.

Full instructions are in the ReadMe.

Regards

Barry [IRG]

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for uploading this, never tried it before. I’ve been working on something like this myself but never got satisfying results. Lowering downforce always had some nasty side effects. This mod however seems to have accomplished lowering downforce with still great feel and proper tyre physics. (I never could get the temperature behaviour correct)
Laptimes seem to be much more realistic as well. Only did some short runs with BMW, Viper and Porsche 993 GT2 but it seemed pretty good. Will test more later but I can see using this in combination with HQ mod.

Hi Peter. Whats you thoughts on the AI using the hard-coded routines and not influenced by .RCD files (you did delete all .RCD files ;) ).

Regards

Barry[IRG]

i dont know - if Barryg - is the author - producer - from the GTR2Reborn Patch from 2010 or so ?
I followed him from nogrip since first release of GTR2Reborn.
The RCD-Files are in my opinion really good in this Mod.
Yes what happened without talent files (you need 1 x default.rcd ?)
The driving experience means, that the GT Racing-Fields are very very different from the Driver-Talents, consequently the Drivers need a own Talent-File, in my opinion.

Hi Mikeae1. Yes i'm the same guy that helped with the Reborn patch.

If i had chosen to replicate the seasons with the NapMod, then i would have had to use driver .RCD files for each driver to 'force' the AI cars into performing in a set way, i.w.o qualy/race and finish in a particular order, you pretty much know which car is the fastest/slowest, i.m.h.o thats not really challenging.

I decided to do without using driver .RCD files and allow the 'hardwired' AI the freedom to do their own thing. The NapMod's physics are good enough to allow this. There is no need for a default.rcd.

In any race, the GT cars will invariably be first however, this is depending on the track whether it's a technical track like Hungary with slow/mid speed corners, or a long straight monza style track.

Regards

Barry[IRG]

Edit: @GTR233 fixed in HQ Anniversary 15.8.2 - now works perfectly.

Hello,

Thanks to everyone involved in this and Reborn project :) Very nice to be back.

I am using NAPMod which is part of HQ Anniversary patch, and I quite like the handling. However, my issue is that AI is struggling, has difficulty during rolling start, a lot of FCY situations, especially with a big grid.

Is it somehow possible to use NAPMod physics for my car, but make AI use some other physics (I don't even know if AI is affected by physics, maybe all I need is .rcds? for example HQ Anniversary AI?

Going to try this exact mod in a standalone drop, but I thought it won't hurt to ask and learn on how could I mix AI and player physics. Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 76 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 48 6.3%
  • < 5 years