GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
If you've nothing to keep in the original GTR2 install, personally I would just uninstall from Steam and start again. Re-install GTR2 fresh from Steam, unpack the Anniversary download, copy all the files to your GTR2 folder (overwriting any files when Windows prompts), and you're all set.

If you want to keep the original Steam version and run two separate GTR2 installs (as I do), then temporarily rename the GTR2 root folder in steamapps/common, then install GTR2 again through Steam, rename the root folder again of that new install (I just use "Modified" on the end of the folder name), return the first install folder to the original name, and you're good. Steam will know no different, and you will have 2 separate installs: 1 for 10th Patch, 1 for "Vanilla". To get the 10th Patch version to show in Steam, you need to use the "Add a game" function in Steam, point to the 10th Patch GTR2.exe, add a nice custom background and logo in Steam, and go race like it's 2006 :)

great, thanks a lot. so, if I don't care about having a "vanilla" version but just the 10 patch, I just need to drop the files in the gtr2 folder and i'm done? and what about the patches?

The Anniversary Patch solves all things :) All the required patches are applied and contained with the download. Just unpack it, copy the files to your GTR2 folder (watch for the file structure obviously), allow Windows to over-write all, and you're done. You'll know it's been properly applied when you start the game, as you will see the splash screen with the version number, and the menus will look different to "Vanilla".

If you're not using it already, I would definitely recommend Project Lasso, as it optimises CPU affinity. Basically, GTR2 runs significantly better with this software running (needs some minor set-up, but it's easy enough, just follow this guide https://selah.ca/secrets-of-gtr2/#I...ng_GTR2_Use_More_Cores_For_Better_Performance).

I would also recommend Shovas FFB and AI files (available on RD), which again make a big difference to GTR2.

hi again, so I pretty much set everything up, also dialed in ffb, but one last thing still bothers me : is there any way to edit the aspect ratio of the menu, the ingame UI and the ingame visuals for triple monitor setup? I set my current resolution in the config menu - 5760x1080 - but is there anything else i can do apart from that? i also tried to install the "10th anniversary UI mod" with no luck since it changed nothing.
anyway, you've truly done an amazing job. that mod is the definition of dedication :)

HQ MODS COLLECTION V10.2 is ready to be uploaded but thread is closed so I PMed Bram to ask if it is possible to unlock it (to keep the external links I put in other websites) or if I must open a new entry ?

About 2005 mod it will be longer because I must remove spyker and so convert a new one : it is time consuming and won't be done in less than 1 month or 2 sadly.

hi again, so I pretty much set everything up, also dialed in ffb, but one last thing still bothers me : is there any way to edit the aspect ratio of the menu, the ingame UI and the ingame visuals for triple monitor setup? I set my current resolution in the config menu - 5760x1080 - but is there anything else i can do apart from that? i also tried to install the "10th anniversary UI mod" with no luck since it changed nothing.
anyway, you've truly done an amazing job. that mod is the definition of dedication :)
Sadly the triple screen patch is basic : mainly to avoid CTD that you can have with default UI...but yes it is stretched

GTR233 updated GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH with a new update entry:

GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH

-------------------------------------------------------------
| GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH v10.3 by GTR233 and friends |
-------------------------------------------------------------

ULTRA VERY IMPORTANT : READ "GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH_install.txt" and follow EXACTLY the steps if you have never installed GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH...otherwise you will cry and post in forums "GTR2 CRASHED PLEASE HELP!" or "SOME CARS ARE GREY PLEASE HELP!" or "I HAVE HEADACHE PLEASE HELP!" ...ANSWERS...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH

---------------------------------------------------------------
| GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH v10.3.1 by GTR233 and friends |
---------------------------------------------------------------

ULTRA VERY IMPORTANT : READ "GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH_install.txt" and follow EXACTLY the steps if you have never installed GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH...otherwise you will cry and post in forums "GTR2 CRASHED PLEASE HELP!" or "SOME CARS ARE GREY PLEASE HELP!" or "I HAVE HEADACHE PLEASE HELP!"...

GTR2 HQ ANNIVERSARY PATCH

-----------------------------------------------------------
| GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH v14.0 by GTR233 and friends |

ULTRA VERY IMPORTANT : READ "GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH_install.txt" and follow EXACTLY the steps if you have never installed GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH...otherwise you will cry and post in forums "GTR2 CRASHED PLEASE HELP!" or "CARS ARE GREY PLEASE HELP!"... so PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY...

is it me, or the mods title keeps saying 10th ?.
Thank you very much for this contribution. we owe you ;)

EDIT: What is the number with percentage that is above the "motec" sign? It is not part of the hud, it comes with xd and I never knew what it was (in the readme it says, among other indications: engine health, but it does not seem to be)

EDIT2: Download the file ... I saw that the ENB series guide image says "on / off with SHIFT + F12" ... and before that it was not written.
(although in something small, I liked to help;))

Last edited:
Thanks very much for another big improvement. But on my win7 system, not using any GTR2 steam version, I can’t productively alt-tab out (the only way i can currently do this in spite of trying neater methods that should have worked) to set cpu affinities so as to get much higher frame rates. The problem is that I although can do this and hear the game still playing without me (presumably with fps up in the several hundreds), I can’t alt-tab and get back in and I can only see the desktop and the task manager. So i’d be interested to hear if there might be a way around this.

The only way is setup affinities automatically and before starting GTR2 ( so no alt-tab needed in this case in this meaning ;) ) ..... and you can do it easily with Process Lasso or Bills2's Process Manager.

I still use the second one on Win10 ( and it also worked and maybe better for Win7 ) ... but will maybe change in the future.

Thanks, very helpful . I’d sort of forgotten about this type of program quite a while ago and had added commands in the game launch shortcuts to do the same thing but my PC stopped following them at some stage. Anyway they work better than i remember :). I slightly prefer Process Lasso as it seems to access 8 cores rather than 4 and does other things.

Thanks very much for another big improvement. But on my win7 system, not using any GTR2 steam version, I can’t productively alt-tab out (the only way i can currently do this in spite of trying neater methods that should have worked) to set cpu affinities so as to get much higher frame rates. The problem is that I although can do this and hear the game still playing without me (presumably with fps up in the several hundreds), I can’t alt-tab and get back in and I can only see the desktop and the task manager. So i’d be interested to hear if there might be a way around this.
It's due to ENBSeries : delete d3d9.dll and ALT+TAB will work again ;)
If you want to continue to use other plugins and my combos 7zip archives then rename d3d9_GTR2MAPLUGIN.DLL as new d3d9.dll

@Jempy indeed ENBSeries was designed for GTA and not GTR2 so it works but some windows features like alt-tab are broken. Sadly Arthur contacted Boris few years ago and he did not want to make a dedicated GTR2 version. But it gives a nice image with subtle hdr effect with reasonnable settings.

Last edited:
GTR233 updated GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH with a new update entry:

GTR2 HQ ANNIVERSARY PATCH

| GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH v14.1 by GTR233 and friends |

ULTRA VERY IMPORTANT : READ "GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH_install.txt" and follow EXACTLY the steps if you have never installed GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH...otherwise you will cry and post in forums "GTR2 CRASHED PLEASE HELP!" or "CARS ARE GREY PLEASE HELP!"... so PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BECAUSE THERE ARE MANY...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 260 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 170 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 168 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%
  • < 5 years