Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
GTR233 updated GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH with a new update entry:

GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH

GTR2 10th Anniversary PATCH v10.0 by GTR233 and friends
-------------------------------------------------------

GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch v9.6 review by Paul Jeffrey
GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch v9.3 review by Maxou Le Pilote

This archive was compressed with 7-zip archiver v19.00 (update your archiver if it tells you that the archive is corrupted)
Archive size = 491 Mo
Archive MD5 checksum =...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I love this patch, but it seems like there's a problem with the SweetFX included with this patch, since when extracting it in the same folder as the GTR2.exe the game doesn't want to open anymore.
Any idea why?

SweetFx is pretty outdated by now if you are on Win 10?
Reshade is developed from SweetFX .
Can use same same settings as SweetFX but gives you higher FPS.
Reshade also got issues with config/ Gtr2 but run config first and then copy the d3d9.dll into gtr2 root folder.
Might also work with SweetFX?
Also do not set compatible with older Windows just set it to run as Admin.

I love this patch, but it seems like there's a problem with the SweetFX included with this patch, since when extracting it in the same folder as the GTR2.exe the game doesn't want to open anymore.
Any idea why?
you must copy all files and sweetfx folder too in main gtr2 folder (where your gtr2.exe is), and select directX9 in gtr2config.exe because it will not work in directX8.
Moreover you cannot use both sweetfx and XD plugin together because they use the same d3d9.dll library

you must copy all files and sweetfx folder too in main gtr2 folder (where your gtr2.exe is), and select directX9 in gtr2config.exe because it will not work in directX8.
Moreover you cannot use both sweetfx and XD plugin together because they use the same d3d9.dll library
I already did that, but it seems like SweetFX simply doesn't work with Windows 10.

so try Reshade as Bjarne suggested above :)

Sweetfx works with windows 10 if you had read and followed install.txt : directX 9 2010 package is mandatory

Last edited:
It might surely work ... as I have on one install XD + Map plugin + HDR + ENBseries .... working with this d3d9.dll but .... that needs different config files.

I just followed the instructions I found when installing all those files ... so how to explain it? ... I don't even know.
NB and it's working with Win10.

I saw a map plugin for this game and i want to use it; the problem might be the game version: the one in the patch is 1.1 and the game doesn't want to start. Should i just use the 1.0 game version?

Which plugin ? Because answer will be different, I mean :
- if it is Sweetfx/reshade then you MUST install Microsoft DirectX june 2010. And it also depends on your graphic adapter : by example my video card can run Sweetfx but not Reshade.
- if it is MapPlugin then you MUST open your PLR file and modify this line WRITE SHARED MEMORY = 1
- if it is XD tool then you need a specific GTR2.EXE : either the v1.1 from STEAM or the NOCD available in 10th Anniv.Patch. Indeed if you have unlocked (Ferr./Por.) the steam gtr2.exe with hex editor then XD will not work.

And NO, it is not recommended to use v1.0 as you will have issues. Anyway steam, Power&Glory3.2 and 10th Anniversary Patch are already patched to v1.1

Last edited:
Which plugin ? Because answer will be different, I mean :
- if it is Sweetfx/reshade then you MUST install Microsoft DirectX june 2010. And it also depends on your graphic adapter : by example my video card can run Sweetfx but not Reshade.
- if it is MapPlugin then you MUST open your PLR file and modify this line WRITE SHARED MEMORY = 1
- if it is XD tool then you need a specific GTR2.EXE : either the v1.1 from STEAM or the NOCD available in 10th Anniv.Patch. Indeed if you have unlocked (Ferr./Por.) the steam gtr2.exe with hex editor then XD will not work.
in my case, i have a physic copy of the game (from which i've installed it, obv) and i already had set the "write shared memory" to 1

Last edited:
gtr2 hd tex mod downloaded with 2mbps(my standard speed)....gtr2 10 anniversary patch downloading at 20kbps.....the contrast is alarming.....

Stop download and retry later then : we are the week end so I guess servers are busy/overloaded.
The mod will still be available tonight or tomorrow :)

Any idea why?
It's been almost 2 months, but I've found out how to make the SweetFX work with GTR2, you just have to do 3 steps:

1. Delete the dxgi.fx and dxgi.dll files that come with the SweetFX
2. Turn off anti-aliasing in the configurations
3. Turn on SMAA (or FXAA) on SweetFX_settings.txt

The game should open normally, and you'll be able to see a slight change in colors when pressing the scroll lock, that means it's working. Posting it in here in case anybody ever needs help with that.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years