GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-1 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Not familiar with this mod, but 2005 is separate mod: https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/gtr2-hq-2005-season-part-1.32765/
I don't have any mods installed. This is a completely 100% brand new GTR2 install. I followed the Ann Patch instructions exactly.

I think either the Ann Patch fails at installing the 2005 cars or it's not supposed to install them but it THINKS you have them installed and then installs some of it's own files for the 2005 cars which makes those 2005 cars show up listed in the game - even though they aren't actually installed - and then the game obviously crashes whenever a session loads that involves any of those cars.

I did a brand new install from scratch so I have no idea how no one else has this problem.

Exactly. The missing cars are the ones from the 2005 championship. It's an add on from @GTR233
So basically the Ann Patch will break your GTR2 install unless you download a seperate mod?

If that's the case, why doesn't the Ann Patch download/discussion thread nor the Ann Patch readme file state that the 2005 Mod must also be downloaded? Or why not make the 2005 Mod part of the Ann Patch if it's required for the Ann Patch to work correctly in the first place?

This obscure 2005 mod - which seems to be a requirement for the Ann Patch - is not mentioned ANYWHERE in the official Ann patch downloads/discussion thread nor official instructions.

Last edited:
I went ahead and did a new full install from scratch - even deleted the Steam download. I figured I'd include the 2005 mod. All seems to be working good now. Here's some quick things I noticed:

Some quick observations:

Be weary of some of the pre-set PLR files that are supposed to be "better". I selected Shovas' Simucube 2 Pro one and there are some things people should be aware of:

- PLR has throttle, brake, and steering sensitivity (AKA linearity) set to 20 and 30 %. To do this with throttle and brake is OK but setting steering sensitivity/linearity to 20% (50% is linear) is just...wrong...unless you have an extremely old / low-end wheel that cannot turn more than 300 degrees or less.

- PLR has speed sensitivity set to 45%. This should always be at 0% for anyone using a wheel (even an old, low-end wheel).

- Steer Ratio Speed is set to 25. Again, this should be 0 for any wheel user unless, again, you have a wheel physically limited to something like 300 degrees or less.

- FFB jolt magnitude is set to 1. This should definitely be set to 0 with higher powered wheels.

Does anyone know how to improve wet reflections? They're very, very poor at the moment:

jhkhjkhjkhjkhj.jpg

Full size the image to see how bad the wet reflection pixelation is. They get better as the car gets closer to the camera but, most of the times, they look terrible.

P.S. Great work with the rain spray. I'd personally like the spray to lengthen further back as well as stay in the air longer before disappearing but, regardless, it's still very nice!

Last edited:
CCGEP has a setting : graphicsRainReflectionResolutionFactor = 4
anything released in the last decade should easily do 4x. Caveat: Steam only, everything you need to know about the plugin is here: https://thecrewchief.org/showthread...Setup-Instructions-Known-Issues-and-Changelog

Interesting observation on SteerRatioSpeed thanks for pointing it out.
Thanks! I just took a look at the manual. It looks like the installation, file editing, and features to enable/disable/adjust are extremely extensive and will take me a week just to go through and setup, lol, so I may hold off for now.

Is there anything I should know before-hand about combining HQ Ann patch/cars/tracks, 2005 Mod (the one semi-integrated with HQ Ann), and the CCGEP? It looks like all the info is included in the manual but I just want to make sure.

Last edited:
Everyone uses HQ differently, I only use HQ with 2003/2004/F1 1994 and PnG cars, and in that case, the only caveat is that by default HQ uses some no-CD GTR2.exe, but CCGEP needs Steam GTR2.exe.

But, in all honesty I rarely drive 2003/2004/PnG cars so I am not sure what issues are there. Instead of using HQ patch, my approach is separate GTR2 copy per mod and I manually take some parts of HQ I need, wipers, cubemaps, skies. CCGEP does not require HQ as such. However, HQ implements some CCGEP features such as button controllable wipers and additional data pages for 2003/2004/PnG and F1 1994 cars. I hope it clarifies it.

Last edited:
Everyone uses HQ differently, I only use HQ with 2003/2004 and PnG cars, and in that case, the only caveat is that by default HQ uses some no-CD GTR2.exe, but CCGEP needs Steam GTR2.exe.

But, in all honesty I rarely drive 2003/2004/PnG cars so I am not sure what issues are there. Instead of using HQ patch, my approach is separate GTR2 copy per mod and I manually take some parts of HQ I need, wipers, cubemaps, skies. CCGEP does not require HQ as such. However, HQ implements some CCGEP features such as button controllable wipers and additional data pages. I hope it clarifies it.
I don't use PnG or any mods either. I only have HQ (part of Ann Patch) and 2005 mod since 2005 mod is basically part of HQ (although a seperate download). No other mods.

How does the CCGEP integrate with current cars/tracks/AI, etc. already installed? For example, the CCGEP manual suggests different flatspotting settings for different cars. How do I know if CCGEP is already setup properly for, let's say, vanilla GTR2 cars or HQ cars. Does it auto-detect certain mods and then set files, settings, etc. appropriately?

What about AI files like HQ AI which has it's own files and lines of settings to set in the PLR. Does CCGEP automatically change this since CCGEP makes changes to AI or will I end up having a mix of CCGEP AI files/settings chaotically mixing with my other AI files and PLR AI settings?

Basically, in terms of things like vehicles, tracks, physics, features, settings, is my current install going to become a mixed frankenstain of a mess between my current GTR2 Ann Patch install and CCGEP?

Last edited:
Everything but critical fixes is off by default in CCGEP (see "Aways enabled Fixes and Enhancements"). That is done so because most people seem to be content with GTR2 as is and I do not want to surprise them. So no flat spots by default, no dirt pickup etc - most folks don't care about such stuff. The other reason it makes issues easier to catch. Game exploded? What did you enable last?

CCGEP does not modify GTR2 text files, but it has its own .cchdc/.ccgdb/.ccrs etc etc with new features.

My idea is that eventually modders will include CCGEP settings with their mods, but we'll see if it ever happens. There should be no behavior changes unless you enable them - everything is off. HQ only enables only 2 visual CCGEP features, not behavior/physics/FFB/rules/shifting etc.

At trackaholics, I share "CCGEP Patches". Those are some files that enable all features in concert for certain mods, cars, but not for 2003/2004/PnG. Those are primarily a demo for modders who may want to follow the suit, not complete conversions.

Let's not pollute HQ thread, we can continue here: https://www.overtake.gg/threads/mod...e-crew-chief-gtr2-enhancements-plugin.250134/ but if you are not happy with stock GTR2, I suggest you to take your time to learn the plugin - it's a lot of changes, in some ways it's not GTR2 anymore - means a lot to learn.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years