GTR Problems

catx98

@Simberia
Hello,

1.In Race i have no Sound.

2.Config in game Folder wont save

How can i fix this ?

My Other ones, Colin MC Rae Rally 2.0, F1 Racing Championship, Ford Racing 2001, Rally Championship Xtreme, Rally Trophy auf Deutsch, MotoGP and Richard Burns Rally.

work without Problems, all Original CDs Isos, win7.

Last edited:
On new OS (win7/8/10) you ABSOLUTELY NEED TO ENABLE BOTH WinXP COMPATIBILITY + ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS !!!

1) fresh GTR2 install
2) GTR2 10th Anniversary Patch
3) go to your GTR2 install and RIGHT CLICK ON EVERY EXE FILE ONE BY ONE : on property tab CHECK WinXP COMPATIBILITY + ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS
4) go to your "MY DOCUMENTS", if a duplicate GTR2 folder does exist then DELETE IT
5) now you can run GTR2CONFIG.EXE : choose any 32bits resolution (and NOT 16bits!!!), set directX9 and you can leave other options as is because it is better to set AA/AF in your VIDEO CARD DRIVER.
6) now you can run GTR2.EXE and enjoy :)

Ah sorry, I thought you spoke about GTR2.
To my knowledge GTR1 is not compatible with win7/8/10... Nevertheless If you like GTR1 then I highly recommend you to buy GTR2 either DVD on ebay or DIGITAL STEAM, because it is cheap and it allows you to run tons of mods/tracks from 60's to nowadays ;)

Edit: after reading the list of games you enjoy then I guess GTR2 is not a game for you, I suggest you to move toward Codemaster's GRID series or Need For Speed series :)

Last edited:
If I recall GTR1 dvd is starforce protected as GTL dvd so not compatible with win10. So as GTL the steam version of GTR1 should be protection free. Perhaps, as GTL we can also use the dvd code to unlock free steam copy ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back