GTR Evolution vs GTR 2

Hello everyone!

last night I was just looking for some games on the internet and I found GTR 2 for a very inviting price...

I was wondering...I recently got GTR Evolution, downloaded some extra cars, some extra tracks and I'm having a lotta fun

if I buy GTR 2, will I be getting more of the same?

Will it be worth? What are their differences?

thanks!

Biggest difference in favor of Evo: delicious car physics.

GTR2 has less good graphics on high end cards but has some really cool features that Evo no longer has: 24H racing, (sort of) animated pitstops.

I haven't touched GTR2 since the release of Evo, so that explains the inviting price a bit i guess.

But like Freddie said, a nice way to let the car sim collection on your shelf grow a little.

Gtr2 was just the parent (or at least the version prior to evo) and a great one at that. You can still race GTR2 and it has some advantages over evo but I'm the same, I've not touched GTR2 since Evo came out.

I liked the car classes that were popular in GTR2 better than evo. The Evo community seems to go more toward the WTCC STCC and open wheels and leave out the GT classes. I think it's more the community than the game that's doing that. In gtr2 we could always get up a GT race. Now there's rarely ever a gt class server that's populated.

• seamonster

I own almost everything from Simbin and GTR2 is what I play the most.GTR2 has more interesting cars, especially Porsche GT3 RSR. Some say that GTR EVO has better physics, others believe the opposite.

Do you like the FIA GT format (endurance race), Porsche and Ferrari, then purchase.

I only use GTR EVO when I want to race The Green Hell.​

I own GTR, GTR2, GTL, Race, Race07, GTR evo, STCC. But tri Race07/Evo/STCC is the only installed game for a long time. My desire for F430 was fullfiled with the 430 vs 997 mod, and the missing F550's, MC12's and Lambo's was filled with the PT Sims GT cars mod :) Evo forever :)

For me both games maxed out on a high resolution the cars in GTR2 look allot better due to the higher Polys of the models, and the GT cars have headlights that actually work. Evo looks cleaner and has better reflections though and was originally made for WTCC, so no night time or working headlights for the GT cars and a few other features that you can't use with the GT Pro cars either. But the Evo online system has turned out to be worse in terms of bugs and freezing then GTR2, which was a surprise.

GT physics are a big improvement in most cars in Evo though and it's where most of the community has moved to from GTR2 so I follow naturally.

• kingfill41

ya but know one has put out a "Dukes of Hazzard" sim with all the car chases instant replays of racing around Hazzard County winning races making money to expand hazzard county into thousands of miles to drive on and explore......And no Pikes Peak sim with 1000 cars with interchangable parts with millions of configs and just one perfect track that pikes peak...I'd be dreaming. Its like if EA made a Pikes Peak game they would forget to add the instant replays lol......

• SimbinRacer

Very simple... just select 50 laps at the Nord when setting up a race and see what happens :wink2:

What happens is a 6hrs race... now do 99 laps... 12hrs :D
Can't do 99 laps I think. Last time I checked, 50 was max. However, I've heard these things can be changed somehow by being a hacker. Time also.

Bought GTR2 after GTR EVO big mistake, never a good idea steeping down games.
Why was that?

Can't do 99 laps I think. Last time I checked, 50 was max. However, I've heard these things can be changed somehow by being a hacker. Time also....

Having the age to follow the "hacker movement" from its origins until recently I think the word "hacker" is not the one you were looking for to your sentence... but think I do understand you :wink2:

Just create a server (1 driver server for instances) and use one of the available server tools (to set weight, weather and laps) to set the amount of laps.

Regarding “time”, I can’t help you much about that as there isn’t any “save routine” in likes of the GTR2 one… but even that was obviously only usable for non-on-line races… and as "normally" those who try on-line racing never go back to race bots... :wink2:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 116 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 91 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 82 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 58 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 121 13.6%