GTR Evolution - Runtime Error

Only happens on the Nurburgring - but not the GP. Will only do it if there are more than about 15 cars in a race, weather they are AI or real and usually happens if i go from the race monitor back to the main screen.

thanks for your suggestions Joao, but unless its a simple case of delete this or install that then i`m not going to bother with this game no more.
the pc its installed on is brand new and has only been used a few times, and i`m not hunting for fixes like i did with my other pc, either its a simple fix or i hit the delete button and say good bye to Race/Evo :bye:

Unfortunately a new PC is not always a good thing!

When I got mine new (or better a new Motherboard) GTRe started being funny as well, not as funny as yours, but funny enough to be frustrated (online racing was more or less impossible). It turned out that one of these super cool new features of my ultra cool new motherboard was to save energy controlled by a even cooler piece of software.

Switching of this <super super ultra> cool piece of software solved all my problems.

Though I am not a fan of consoles (I have none and most probably will never get one), but I think that's why people prefer game consoles.

A little OT :glasses-nerdy:

I will never play or run anything in a “closed platform”... Although I've owned a PC for about 25 years, I'm an Amiga “veteran” (64/500/1200) so I will not make the same mistake 2 times... :wink2:

Being it a coffee machine, a games machine or a Victor engineer machine, as a client or as a consultant, no “closed platform” for me... even if all people send their brain down the drain and “open platform" machines become a thing of the past... I will stay in the past :D

Only happens on the Nurburgring - but not the GP. Will only do it if there are more than about 15 cars in a race, weather they are AI or real and usually happens if i go from the race monitor back to the main screen.

I had it to on the Nordschleife just ago when the league server went from super pole qualification to warmup, and completely ruined my team's standing in the STC league now :(

Do you guys use Windows 7 as OS by the way?

I had it to on the Nordschleife just ago when the league server went from super pole qualification to warmup, and completely ruined my team's standing in the STC league now :(

I have it on Vista, Olly has the same problem on 7. Turn the textures down to low and it works fine so I think its trying to use too much graphics memory - or at least thinks there is more of it to use than it can.

never used nvidia,
some suggestions, drivers, get the latest for all your hardware, ok that didnt work, try older nvidia drivers, go back a release or 3 and try that, ok that didnt work,
try going into your bios and making sure all your memory timings and cpu are set to default, also make sure any auto fan control is turned off, check your graphics drivers again, set all settings to default and turn off fan contol (set it to 100%).

looking at the screen grab your svhost is huge 121mb maybe there is something there that maybe interfering, if you right click svhost and select services it will take to the next page telling you what it is hosting (they will be highlighted), try turning off anything your not using (the largest of mine is about 12mb).

disconect any peripherals your not using.

Reading the thread it looks to be nvidia related, have you tried thier support forum, maybe a bios\firmware issue (cant see it but its another option\thought).

Do you have vsync AA and Af set in your graphics drivers AND in the game graphics settings? try turning one or the other off, you know what i mean, drivers doing aa af and vsync then the games trying to do it all also, only need one lot of controls.

Remove all the nvidia software tools use the drivers only and nothing else, see if that helps.

Turn off all background programs have nothing running but the game while your trying to faultfind you dont wont other software intefering and creating other probs.

one other point windows 7 is a fairly new release so it could be related to that, incompatibilities and so on. on that note is it all upto date?

cant think of anything else right now its late, if i do i`ll post it.

could be one simple thing or a combination caused by too much background activity, that dont make sense cause its only the one track Duh waste of a post!!! i was thinking all tracks, ahh well some things to try.

good luck!

and to do with all them services you have running im sure there are loads you dont really need running at all, im positively confident you dont need half of them or more (just more progs to cause probs) have a look here http://www.blackviper.com/ good write up on what services are safe to turn off or disable altho its windows 7 it is pretty much the same services as vista\64 u can trim a lot of fat using the guides there!

jeeze my spelling is awful!

I haven't bought a high end gaming pc to turn the textures down James, that's the other way around of solving this problem :)
thats one way of looking at it but look at it this way if there is a known bug like there appears to be with this track then we either fix it or do our best to avoid it and if that means screwing down the settings for one track then so be it. Bit like driving on a road with a big pothole in it, do you stop using that road or do you drive around the pothole?

I would separate a little bit space from your HD and install e.g. XP on it, just to verify. (I always have an active installation on one partition that is used day2day and a small one that is quite frequent reinstalled either with the latest stuff or with some old known to work thing).

Bit like driving on a road with a big pothole in it, do you stop using that road or do you drive around the pothole?
I drive around it one time, and if the next time its still there i call the service to have it fixed. :)
The Nurburgring Nordschleife is the reason i play Evo, and if i have to play it on low specifications then i rather wait until it's fixed.

The problem with the Nürgurgring layout is probably memory related due to the sheer size of this track. With more then ~10 drivers on it, the game hits the 2GB 32Bit userspace memory barrier.
In the offline version of GTR-EVO you can set the LAA-flag to the binaries and *.ddls, and the game runs just fine even (and smother) with 25 KI cars on track.
You can't do this in the Steam version, because with every start all binaries will be overwritten by the defaults in the gcf (Steam) container files.

The problem with the Nürgurgring layout is probably memory related due to the sheer size of this track. With more then ~10 drivers on it, the game hits the 2GB 32Bit userspace memory barrier.
In the offline version of GTR-EVO you can set the LAA-flag to the binaries and *.ddls, and the game runs just fine even (and smother) with 25 KI cars on track.
You can't do this in the Steam version, because with every start all binaries will be overwritten by the defaults in the gcf (Steam) container files.

it happens to me offline and i have 6GB of DDR3 Ram and 1GB on my GPU :wink2:

maybe I'm wrong but I say the problem might be laying in car mod addon (for me then)

because I never had a C++ runtime error with evo until I installed car mods for the STC league & drive around them....

or it could be simply a conflict in the mods :) (xD mod, car mod)
the best thing to do is delete and test the same track again....does it happen again...then it is something else

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.0%