GTR Evolution released!

Well it seems in the good old U.K the date has changed to the 5th Sept as i just checked my order and the date has changed on Gameplay.

So had a look on Play and Game and now it is just the expansion pack for release on Game as it says bundle pack discontinued ?.

Yet Amazon say the 29th oh well guess i will just have to wait and see but the 5th is a bummer as i go on holiday on the 7th which means not much play time for a week just sun, sand and alcohol which is not to bad i suppose :D

• Chris Noble

Hmm, anyone know if you can cancel a pre-order at play.com?

I would prefer the steam version to go with my steam race07 and its cheaper on steam $26/£13.50 instead of £18 and 1st sept instead of 5th

Tesco.com said:
Dear Mr Carter,

Re: Your Tesco.com order placed on Wednesday 20 August 2008 (order no. xxxxxxxx)

We are sorry to inform you that your order has been delayed because the availability of one of the items has changed.

Estimated dispatch date: Friday 19 September 2008

The item causing the delay:
1 x GTR Evolution Bundle Pack
Item not yet released. Expected for release on Friday 19 September 2008

Kind regards,
Tesco.com Entertainment

BOO

This might mean a delay till the 19th September although these are the only retailer with such a date thus far.

Im going to be cancelling and going with STEAM on Monday :)

Im tempted to try and cancel my order at Gameplay and go with Steam but my only concern is the download size as my internet connecton speed is pretty slow and it could take forever to download.

I see that the disc size is around 7gb but Steam say the system requirement is 4.7gb ?

Yet the $22.49 price tag makes it cheaper then the retail cost so i might just go with Steam but this download size is going to be a major factor for me.

EDIT: Well i have just requested for my order to be cancelled as i may aswell go with the cheaper option and when thinking about download size i assume the add on will just need to add the cars and track a few other bits so should not be to big for me to download well here's hoping, just waiting to get my confirmation of cancellation then going to order on Steam.

• Andrew Evans

i would assume 4.7Gb is the full game install - and not the expansion alone... at least it better be, or i'll be scratching around for more space! :D

• Chris Noble

Ok Managed to cancel the play.com pre-order since payment had not gone through. Ordered from steam for $26.50 inc tax which I think is about £13.50 instead of £18 from play.com.

The steam one I ordered is the expansion hence why its probably 4xGB or so.

The TBUB full version of GTR EVO that I have was 8GB, but that included all of RACE07 and RACE and is probably the reason.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back