GTR Evolution PD Weight (Final Update 1.1.1.20)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Nye had released his last and final update for PD for patch 1.1.1.20.. Thanks Nye for all the efforts!!

RACE071010PD.jpg

Download here:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13

Thanks a lot, Bram !

If Nye reads this, i'll explain what the problem is all about:

We're experiencing some problems with the weight app and i thought that maybe the way the list is encoded had changed since the previous version.

It loads the penalty correctly, from the list, with no error, but needs the guy to drive, sometimes even 2 or 3 times before the weight is actually added (in the timing screen, with the "sector" option, you can see the penalties ingame). So in a qualifying session, the guy has the time to make a good lap without his 50 kgs.

Do you see my point?

We're thinking of some solutions: practise session for joining, then closed qualifications. But the problem is that some of our members cannot be online before a certain time and usually join just in time to make a couple of qual laps.

Or: having an admin monitoring the penalties and asking people to exit and come back if they have made a qual lap with O kg. But if it happens at the end of the qual session, he might not have the time to come back (as the cars loading takes a hell of a time and as there's a known bug when somebody joins when session is about to end and eventually ends while the guy's loading and being loaded)

Any other idea to help us out is of course very welcome!

Thanks !

• Nye

Hey there
Bram pointed me to this thread as RSC is still down.
I have attached the latest PD Weight version to this post.

About the other questions can't help you that much
I don't have control on when the weights are applyed. Sometimes you apply a weight and it works fine, some others you have to wait, some others there's nothing to do but wait for a session change (it's the only way I trust my tool).

I wish I could help, but even if I have tried hard to find a solution, I have not been able to fix this random behaviour up to date.

Regards.

Joan Pey AKA Nye

Attachments

• RACE07_PD_Weight_1.0.2.1.rar
    62.5 KB · Views: 412
  • Nye

Forgot to add that if you find a pattern for the weights to be applyed, then maybe I could try and find a workaround.

Worth to try.

Hi there, we did some tests tonight and here's something we noticed, don't know if that helps, though :

When someone hasn't got his penalty weight yet and somebody else joins the server, then the guy receives his weight at the exact moment at which the game says "X has joined".

• Nye

I will try and test a different way of looking for the players in the server.

Thx for the report Slowest :)

You're of course welcome :) And WE do thank you for this cool app !

If we find out anything else, i'll let you know, either here or on RSC (back online).
By the way, as it's back online but with an old save, your post about this app has disappeared. (or i couldn't find it :-P )

• JasonL220

how do i configure this, when i run race07 it says race07 is not running :Wacko:

With the standard PD you should be able to start the programe and then start race and long as both are on the same machine you should have a problem.
Other wise you have to set it up so it see the machine that is running the game.

As for the Weight programe, I would guess it works on a similar basis. If not you.ll have head over to Here to report your problems.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 121 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 94 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%