GTR Evolution + Nordschleife announced

E

Erik Åhlen

• Erik Åhlen

gtr-evo-release-spot.jpg

gtrevoannouncement1oq2.jpg

GTR Evolution’ for PC from SimBin Delivers Horsepower-Heavy GT and WTCC Extreme Cars, plus Germany’s Notorious Nordschleife Circuit

SimBin Studios AB today announced the forthcoming release of GTR Evolution. Developed by the multiple award winning Swedish studio SimBin Development Team and published by SimBin Studios AB, GTR Evolution takes GT and WTCC Extreme cars to the Green Hell of Nordschleife, the holy grail of racing. Available as a stand alone game and also as an expansion pack for SimBin’s 2007 title RACE 07, GTR Evolution is scheduled for launch in 2008.

In addition to many other tracks, players of GTR Evolution will drive the modern version of the monumental track of Nürburgring Nordschleife along with the Nürburgring GP layout. Dubbed “The Green Hell” by racing legend Jackie Stewart, the track is revered and feared as the most difficult and treacherous track ever built.

“As the first PC game developer to get exclusive access to this track for reference, SimBin has been given a solid ground to work from and we hope that we will be able to give our fans a real hell, so to speak”, said Jay Ekkel with a smile, Producer at SimBin Development Team AB.

GTR Evolution for PC comes with 22 GT car models in 3 different classes plus a selection of exclusive production cars. Further to this SimBin adds WTCC Extreme, tuned concept cars based on the FIA WTCC cars.
“With rear wheel drive, extended body-kits and over 600hp the WTCC Extreme cars will give the GT cars a run for their money, said Diego Sartori, Creative Director at SimBin Studios AB.

GTR Evolution will be available as a stand alone game including all RACE 07 content, all in all 49 unique cars in 12 classes with over 500 variations and 19 tracks in over 40 different layouts including the new and legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife. A GTR Evolution expansion pack for existing owners of RACE 07 will also be available.

“This is the biggest game ever from SimBin and a must have for all gamers and we hope that GTR Evolution will satisfy all race fans since it is packed with a broad variety of cars and new features that should attract the gamer that wants to have it all in one high quality game”, says Henrik Roos, CEO of the SimBin Group of companies.

Scheduled for launch in 2008, GTR Evolution is distributed by Atari in Europe, Viva Media in the US and Akella in Russia. The release is scheduled for 2008 with detailed info to follow.

Well, look at that :)
http://forum.racedepartment.com/forumdisplay.php?f=270

Awesome news however I have one perhaps very important question. Will the 'standalone' game be available with SimBin's new Lizard engine, because as an expansion pack for RACE 07 we know relatively how it will handle. If the lizard engine will be incorporated I will get it 100% if not just get the expansion.

Forget Nordschleiffe, we have that already.
:sign0165:
If you're referring to the "home built" versions based on the old GPL Nordschleife, then you don't know what you're missing. As good as the latest Racerking version is, it will never ever be as good as a officially built track based on real data and GPS info.

I think we'll all be amazed by the quality of the SimBin version ( as soon as it's released)
:character00182:
Kind regards,
Karl

Awesome news however I have one perhaps very important question. Will the 'standalone' game be available with SimBin's new Lizard engine, because as an expansion pack for RACE 07 we know relatively how it will handle. If the lizard engine will be incorporated I will get it 100% if not just get the expansion.

I think the result of buy it alone or buy the expansion will be exactly the same, I don't think SIMBIN will make RACE'07 customers pay two times for the RACE'07 content, because it will be penalize their loyal customers against people who didn't bought RACE'07.

Probably GTR Evolution doesn't use Lizard too.

Cya!.

Since it willbe both available as standalone and addon too, and Race 07 does not use Lizard, most probably this will not use it still as well.

"GTR Evolution for PC comes with 22 GT car models "

Great stuff, i think thats even more than GTR2!! i counted 15 in that.
Cant wait to drive a Lister again :)

i really hope we get long distance races with pitstops :) i love this track so much :)

is also good to see from the quote above that they listened to the customers and theyre marketing department didnt go nuts saying theyre is like 1500 cars like they did with Race07. Now they are quoting the number of different models themselves rather than paint jobs. Good news indeed.

Would be great to get rid of that Steam stuff this time if possible. It seems a lot of bloat for just a link to auto install a patch. because thats all its handy for.

i hope it's released soon!

i hope we will have
- changeable weather
- nightraces
- gtr2 like physics for the GT cars.

No way GTR2 like physics! I only swallow sims and thats why GTR2 is still dusting in my closet, although mods and the Nap Mod save that game a bit.
I'm sure simbin wont make same "mistake" anymore.... Unless this is just money collection game.

A New Generation of Realism has Evolved
'GTR Evolution' for PC from Viva Media and SimBin Delivers Horsepower-Heavy GT and WTCC Extreme Cars, plus Germany's Notorious Nordschleife Circuit
Viva Media and SimBin is back with GT cars and this time they will let you experience some hair-raising 14 miles of racing at the legendary N�rburgring Nordschleife track.
Viva Media announces today it’s partnership with SimBin Studios in the forthcoming release of GTR Evolution. Developed by the award winning Swedish studio SimBin Development Team and published by Viva Media, GTR Evolution takes GT and WTCC Extreme cars to the legendary Nordschleife, the holy grail of racing. Available as a stand alone game and also as an expansion pack for Viva Media’s 2007 title Race 07, GTR Evolution is scheduled for launch in Q3 2008.
In GTR Evolution gamers will experience the modern version of the monumental track of N�rburgring Nordschleife along with the N�rburgring GP layout. Infamous for its incredible difficulty, the track is revered and feared as the most treacherous track ever built.
Viva Media CEO Carlo Voelker commented that, “PC Racing fans will be thrilled with extremely high standard of quality they will experience with this game. The bar for racing simulations has been pushed even higher by Simbin with this latest game in the GTR franchise.” He continued, “Also featured will be GT series cars like the Corvette C6R and Aston Martin DBR9; plus Production Car Class racers like the Dodge Viper SRT/10 and the Audi R8.”
GTR Evolution for PC comes with 22 GT car models in 3 different classes plus a selection of exclusive production cars. Beyond this SimBin adds WTCC Extreme; tuned concept cars based on the FIA WTCC cars.
“With rear wheel drive, extended body-kits and over 600hp the WTCC Extreme cars will give the GT cars a run for their money” said Diego Sartori, Creative Director at SimBin Studios AB.
GTR Evolution will be available as a stand alone game including all RACE 07 content, all in all 49 unique cars in 12 classes with over 500 variations and 19 tracks in over 40 different layouts including the new and legendary N�rburgring Nordschleife. A GTR Evolution expansion pack for existing owners of RACE 07 will also be available.
“This is the biggest game ever from SimBin and a must have for all gamers and we hope that GTR Evolution will satisfy all race fans since it is packed with a broad variety of cars and new features that should attract the gamer that wants to have it all in one high quality game” says Henrik Roos, CEO of the SimBin Group of companies.
Scheduled for launch in 2008, GTR Evolution is being distributed by Viva Media in the US, Atari in Europe, and Akella in Russia. The release is set for 2008 with detailed info to follow.

Source: A New Generation of Realism has Evolved - PC News

Now we at least know some of the cars from this VivaMedia press release

astonmartindbr915hk6.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline