GTR Evolution in Canada

Yves Larose

Premium
hi guys, i'm from Canada and i don't think that GTR Evolution will be released here so i was wondering if anyone knows a north american website that sell it and shipping it to canada ?

thanks guys :thumb:

!

Hi there,
No such luck yet.
I found that EBGames.com (NOT .ca) let you process the order, but be ready to pay 19,99$ for the game and 14,95$ for the shipment. Taxes may be added to the order (I don't know yet, I didn't completed the order wondering if I should wait to see if the game will be available directly at the stores).

Speaking of which, I went to two EBGames stores. The clercks said to me they had the game in their computer, that the game is currently unavailable. They said that they are unable to order as the headoffice was deciding what they should carry. That's a nonsense to me...

So.
I went to FutureShop, BestBuy, Source, EBGames, Metro-Video, WalMart... No luck.

Hi there,
No such luck yet.
I found that EBGames.com (NOT .ca) let you process the order, but be ready to pay 19,99$ for the game and 14,95$ for the shipment. Taxes may be added to the order (I don't know yet, I didn't completed the order wondering if I should wait to see if the game will be available directly at the stores).

Speaking of which, I went to two EBGames stores. The clercks said to me they had the game in their computer, that the game is currently unavailable. They said that they are unable to order as the headoffice was deciding what they should carry. That's a nonsense to me...

So.
I went to FutureShop, BestBuy, Source, EBGames, Metro-Video, WalMart... No luck.

Welcome here :)
You can just download and install Steam and buy RACE07+GTR Evo from Steam.
Welcome to Steam

Well, thanks but no-thanks.
I'm going to pay for the boxed version.
I am not going to buy from Steam.

*Small update* Last time I went to GameStop, they said the game was to be released on Sept. 2nd - which was the same date as Amazon.com.

I called on that day without luck. I'll tryout later today and see if I'm lucky.

Yves,
If ever you see the box, let me know.

• Spinoff360

Finally got this at EB in Calgary which is good. The bad news is the game doesn't have a CD-Key so I can't install it.... YAY :LarsGerritKorb:

If you install it doesnt it ask for Steam to be installed? Somewhere in the box should be a serial key looking like DJEHE-HWDJEH-DHAHCD-HDHEW1?

THis key you need to hammer into steam:
  • Download Steam Welcome to Steam
  • Run STeam
  • Click the "Games" tab
  • Click "Activate a product on Steam"
  • Hammer the code
  • Click a few times next and you should be ready to go
Does this work for you?

Btw: welcome at RD :thumb:

• Spinoff360

Yeah when I got it I was surprised that there was no CD-Key anywhere but figured it just didn't need it until Steam asked for one. Seems there has been a production error in Canada though. Went back to EB and they had two left so just to be safe I asked them to open and check if there was a key. The second one was also missing a key but the third time was the charm and it had a key. So for anybody that picks this up at EB (In Canada at least) you might want to get them to open it for you in the store to check for the key.

New to the series since I have usually stuck to console racers but always heard great things about it and for $19.99 it seemeds like a great time to finally get into the series and I look forward to playing it today :thumb:

And thanks for the greeting to the forum :)

Okay, great new!
I bought the game at GameStop in Rosemère.

Yves,
They had something like 4 copies. I took one.

The game wasn't on the shelve as they received them.
If you don't see the boxes, make sure to ask the clerk for it (in case).

At <23$ for the complete box version, this is a steal and totally worth it.

• Sol Leung

Interesting.. i'll go and check my local EB to see if they carry it.

The title before like Race 06, 07 etc, it never show up in any store in Vancouver. That's why i usually bought them off steam. :becky:

It would be nice to have a DVD for re-install later, then re-download the game every time u format your PC. :amen:

Interesting.. i'll go and check my local EB to see if they carry it.

The title before like Race 06, 07 etc, it never show up in any store in Vancouver. That's why i usually bought them off steam. :becky:
[...]:amen:

Race/Race 07 were not available in Montreal - Thrust me, I went to *many* *many* *many* stores looking for it!

So, it was a relief to see the game actually hitting the stores here.
Hope peeps are going to buy enough of it so EB/GameStop start to care about the future release also.

• mkiv18t

Just got my copy today at ebgames (Toronto). I had to ask the sales guy and they had 4 copies in stock. They didn't put it on the shelf so I would suggest asking them.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 39.9%