GTR Evolution enchanted me

M

max.wielun

• max.wielun

Hi all! It's my first post here ;)

I am a total newbie here [I mean really TOTAL]. I was curious how it would be like to play a simgame so I get GTRe mostly because of the Nordshleife. I don't have 1/10 part of your experience in racing, even a wheel but this game enchanted me. After few laps I was shocked how much fun it is to drive ;)
I hope you wont eat me.

We won't eat you! :)

Welcome at RD Max, and yes i feel the same as you do about this game. I just can't stop loading that Nordschleife over and over again :D

• max.wielun

Hi once again ;)
I didn't expect such a welcome.. You even made me a own topic :tape2: . I cant wait to play with you guys but I gotta wait till my laps won't finish on the gravel or grass...
See you on track:evil:

• winger

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Still playing with a gamepad at the moment, but this game has prompted me to go out & order a G25.

• max.wielun

I wish I had cash for it :p It is quite easy to say buy, not so easy to actually get money. I am a high school student without job. It's hard to get some cash for beers from parents so this quite big amount of money for "stupid PC game" as they think... I'm starting to collect :evil:

I wish I had cash for it :p It is quite easy to say buy, not so easy to actually get money. I am a high school student without job. It's hard to get some cash for beers from parents so this quite big amount of money for "stupid PC game" as they think... I'm starting to collect :evil:

If the Logitech Momo is affordable for you then I'd recommend you get it. The G25 is only really worth it if you're crazy about the realism or the cash doesn't mean that much to you.

I've got the Momo and I'm very happy with it :)

I was pretty much a total race sim newbie when I got Race 07, having only played some race sim demos and Xpand Rally Xtreme before. But now I can usually keep my car on the track :D

• vmagics

I also started this sim racing thing only a few months ago. I thought at the time that I'd be an occasional user, y' know, just a bit at the weekend for a laugh. It was fun, I had it under control. Then it began to grow on me. I started racing on Mondays too - sometimes through till Tuesday. Before I knew it I was using every day. TT's for breakfast, a practice at lunch, full on league events soon followed. I was a mess. I'd tell friends I was browsing 'adult' sites. But looking back it was obvious to everybody what I was really upto. G25's, RDforum,Cockpits, DLC. I used to think it only happened to other people. Take heed! WTCC really screws you up!

LOL vmagics, better they think you're a perv than a game playing geek!

Welcome Max, I'm a newbie here too. I have a wheel (logitech formula force ex...damn I wish that name was shorter!), which costs a whole lot less than the G25 :). I haven't even got Evo yet, I chose GRID first (unfortunately). Look forward to seeing you in my mirrors sometime, when I stop falling off the track :p

• max.wielun

I feel it's growing inside me quickly too. Today, whole day at school I was thinking about my yesterdays M3 E30 Nor[...]e riding :p
What I gotta say about GRID and other games as well.. I know it is illegal but I often [not always ! sometimes I buy before I play but with a friend's recommendation ] "TRY" downloaded game to test if it is what I am looking for. You can punish me but I don't have money to buy every game that comes out, specially when in my country for example when I add some cash to the GRID's price I can find yours logi[u know what]ex in the shop. Same story is with the GTRe which is even funnier because on STEAM r07 costs 39.99$, GTRe is 19.99 and the price of both in one pack is 29 as I remember well. In my country for almost the same price 29$ [few $ more] I can buy it in a box, without downloading and with instructions etc. So I am waiting until one of nearest shop will offer it. I know how it sounds to download a game but IMO it's better than throw money away on GRID or so.

PS. To make things straight, if game sux for me and I won't buy it, it is uninstalled.

Sorry for such long post :boom:

• Mika Pyhäjärvi

Hi Max! I`m also newbie with sims. This is my first "real" racing sim. About 2 years ago I played RBRally lot but I think it was whole anotehr world compared to GTRe. I started driving with WTCC season at pro-level. Im driving with MOMO but gonna try out G25.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%