GTR Evo won't start

S

stevesz

• stevesz

Hi, I've installed GTR Evolution from DVD a number of times but no luck. There is a bunch of disk activity and it checks the DVD but then fizzles. Race7.exe is on the task list. I have 8GB RAM (only some 2 visible in windows), dual nVidia 8800's in both SLI and as single cards but it makes no difference, and endless amount of disk space. DX9c.

It goes as far as running the config tool.

I finally got the demo from Steam and it runs though it does not allow me to choose the wheel. But it runs fine.

Checking config files and the like and comparing with the demo version does not immediately reveal any difference.

I had the same problem, but that had to do with the location of 'My Documents' which I had relocated from within Vista to network drive at my server. Race07 etc won't like it after the last update.

• stevesz

Thank, but I've neither relocated any directory, nor the latest upgrade.
I'm still on the version that came on the DVD which is 1.0.0.0. and I'm on XP SP3.

• stevesz

No, it has both on and offline on the DVD. I installed first the offline, and then online, and then both a few times.

You shouldn't need to buy a second time. Once you have associated your key with a steam account you can just download from steam for free. I never use my dvd for race07, just get the steam one. Then it always comes with the latest patches applied.

If you uninstall it and it does not appear in your steams "My Games" tab as available to download, goto the "Games" menu at the top and pick "Activate a game on steam", type in your game key from the DVD and it will add it to the list ready to download.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back