GTR Evo Setups...

Guys,

Is this just me OR does anyone else find that setups in GTR Evo are less critical than, say, GTR2??

What i mean is i can soften or harden the front/rear springs to either extremes, for example, and still find the car perfectly drivable... dare say competative in some instances.

Don't get me wrong though. Fiddling with the break bias so that you have 100% rear or front will still make the car undrivable.

I just feel other settings have such little impact...

What are everyones thoughts on this?

With my limited experience of mostly the WTCC 2006 BMW and Alfa, I would say they do make a larger difference than you are experiencing. I would venture that certain variables have a greater impact on balance and under/oversteer than others, such as the ARBs.

What I have also found is that the "Time Trial" mode and also any of the official leaderboard servers don't seem to be as "Realistic" as, say, a practice session. We noticed this while using simtools that the tire/tyre temps don't seems to fluctuate during these sessions and that the cars do seem more planted.
This has me thinking what else might be "hardcoded" in these sessions?

Anyone else found this?

(I really should do some work today :) )

Well, i would say that the setup is very important.

Im driving mostly F3K and I would say setup plays an important role.
My lap time can easily drop 1-2 seconds with bad setup.

I can feel almost emidiately every adjustmen I make on the setup (i.e. slow/fast rebound/bump).

The only problem i have setting a good setup is not knowing what i want from it. (I probably need a mechanic team :laugh2:)

how you feel setup changes will depend on your driving style. If you care not anywhere near the "limit" of the car, you wont feel massive changes.

In real life, when you go setup testing, you do 5-10laps at a constant pace with one setting, then make a small change and see what happens. For example, you may be getting more corner speed but a struggling to slow coming into the corner which will loose you time!

Personally, i find that small changes are pretty hard to feel in the game but if you can use some data logging system, it will show you more easily where the changes have been made.

First point of call is your tyre temps....very important!! if they are not correct, everything else wont be right!

also pay attention to sector times. some changes will produce the same lap time but will make you faster/slower on different parts of the track. if thes a real tight section where there a few if any passing chances in race situation then its worth sticking with the changes that make you fast elswhere as they may ultimately make you places later.

... What I have also found is that the "Time Trial" mode and also any of the official leaderboard servers don't seem to be as "Realistic" as, say, a practice session. We noticed this while using simtools that the tire/tyre temps don't seems to fluctuate during these sessions and that the cars do seem more planted...

If you’re talking about the "time attack" option, yes no tires wear on it... that's why I (for instances) don't use it ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back