GTR EVO/RaceOn/Race07 - Thunder Forest (Loop) track

Race07/EVO/RaceOn drivers - get your helmet on I've just uploaded the first release of Thunder Forest right here on Race Department.....

Just so you know its "FICTIONAL"

I'm more than open to feedback on the track as it stands (there are areas where it could be improved)

As it says in the file description - its my very first attempt at a track - so take it easy on me

Enjoy,
Kiwidemon

Very nice track, thanks! I have only 1 little problem with it: it's not added to the list of add-on tracks but GTR Evo tracks. Somehow I'm allergic to things like this!:) But really, it's a good track, I like that narrow part and the bumps in it! Well done! Maybe we should test if it works online or not!:)

Hi there Peter,

Thanks for the feedback - glad you like it!

Opps! Yeah I meant to change the "track location" to add-ons maybe that can be done for V1.1 - along with fixing the PIT area Cams (another thing I forgot to fit it before exporting)

Be really interested to know how/if it goes online.........

Cheers,
Kiwidemon

Opps! Yeah I meant to change the "track location" to add-ons maybe that can be done for V1.1 - along with fixing the PIT area Cams (another thing I forgot to fit it before exporting)

Another thing that needs touching up is the AI - i find they slow too much over the bumps and it's really easy to dive down the inside of them - WAY too easy. Would like it if you can fix this because I like doing offline races.

Oh, also - do you plan on releasing more versions (layouts) soon?

Thx!

FM96

Hi Ferrariman96,

On your suggestion for the "slowdown" after the bumps (coming onto the start/finish straight I presume???) I think that may have been an issue that I may have inadvertently botched up myself - I mustve nudged a couple of the points, so they have been straightened out now hopefully allowing the AI to keep up some steam onto the straight......

If its when you head into the "hairpin" I'll look into it - but it seems to be just the way the game is that area of the track......

I'm currently also working on the "alternative" loop layout (you drive past the "chicane area" on the way to the overpass) and will look to bundle these together for the next release.....hoping to have these formats finalised before working on the "long" variants....

In any case thanks for the feedback - it's one way of us track builders finding out how we can improve out finished projects!
Kiwidemon

P.S. Please remember its my first track! :)

Thanks for your reply! I really like the track and think it's great - especially for a first effort. I already had a little drive through the chicane area and it's a real challenge - even in high - grip cars like the lotus i was driving.

Well, seeing as this is my creation - I would quite like to be a part of the first outing of the track at an RD event....

What do I need to do to be able to sign up?
Do I need to download all the skins other players are using, or does the game assign "random" skins if you dont have them?
Biggest issue for me is the timing....New Zealand is 12 hours ahead of the time, so I'ld be running at 7.00am Friday morning.

Cheers for any help,
Kiwidemon

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%