GTR Evo open port

You must setup port forwarding on your router and open these ports:

Internet:

TCP+UDP 48942 – 48957
UDP 26900-26907

LAN:

TCP+UDP 48942 - 48957
UDP 48958-48973

im also having too much lag on RD servers and can someone explain me were exactly do i input this numbers?

this is what i have..
http://www.portforward.com/english/...son-Alcatel/TCW710/GTR_FIA_GT_Racing_Game.htm

whats the static ip i want to forward to?
what do i put on the startport and endport?
tcp+udp or udp?

there is no race07 guide available on the portforwarding site so i tried on the gtr guide, which i guess im just gonna change the numbers.

help :disapointed:

manuel,

the static ip is the ip address of your computer behind the modem/router. access your modem/routers settings page to see which devices are connected and what ip addresses are assigned to each. your isp's support site can help you do this if they supplied the hardware.

start is the lower of the 2 numbers and end is the higher of the 2 numbers. note that you may have to make 2 seperate entries of 48942 to 48957, one for tcp and one for upd. again this will dependant on your modem/router manufacturer & model.

aslo you may wish to consider that you'll be subject to some geographical related lag due to your distance from where the servers are hosted. if openening the ports doesnt help you should investigate this area to try and confirm it.

Sorry to say mate that I too have a Thomson router, and like to think I have a fair idea of what is going on with networking and these computer things having been in the trade a good number of years, but my Thomson router refuses to allow me to host dedicated servers no matter what I do.

So this may not be you, it may just be Thomson :disapointed:

BTW ... opening these ports will not change the lag situation to RD servers, that is down to your isp/network/distance etc from where the RD servers are located.

sorry for bringing out how thomson(routers) sucks stuart lol

so you guys mean port forwarding wont do anychange on my lag on rd servers? :(
anyway i will try to work on all your suggestions tonight and let you guys know how it goes..

i hope my thomson turns out ok :( or its gonna be bye bye steam for me.
thanks a lot guys.

i dont know if i did it right on opening my port last night but it didnt make any difference on my ping :( plays around 1000 and above. does it really have to do something with thomson(router)? ill attach an image of the details when i get home from work. anymore suggestion m8s. thanks.

try this...

1)

if you have xp open start menu, and click run. type cmd and press enter

on vista open start menu and type cmd in the search box at the bottom and press enter

2)

in the command prompt box that opens type ping i3d.net and press enter

3)

wait for the curser to come back and type tracert i3d.net and press enter

the second one will take longer. post a screen shot of your results. i have made an assumption there that the servers are hosted by i3d.net as they sponser one of the leagues. maybe someone can clear this up.

secondly it would be better to do this to one of the gameservers ip's so if someone has this information then and posts it here doe as above but replace i3d.net with the ip.

So heres the screen shots of my super lag report. any suggestions would help. thanks in advance guys. :(

Attachments

• i3dnet.JPG
    i3dnet.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 340
  • thomson.JPG
    thomson.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 348
  • race07.jpg
    race07.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 354
ok looks like the ports you opened wre done correctly, no worries there.

unfortunately it also appears that your lag is caused purely by your connection speed and distance from the server you are connecting to. unfortunately theres not a great deal you can do about that other than maybe contacting your isp and seeing what they can do for you.

nice to know ive opened up the port correctly but sadly i think i have to upgrade my internet from 512kb to 1mb, you think thats enough? cause i cannot afford to pay for a 4mb speed :(

what internet speed do you guys subscibe on? and is dubai really that far to cause lags? what is the ideal PING do you guys have on steam RD servers?

if i cant race here at RD do you have any suggestions which race07 community is near my area? (i guess ill just check at steam)

thanks again dave.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 43 6.3%
  • < 5 years