GTR Evo Offline - Control over cars in Practice Session

Hello everybody,

I wonder if I can have any control over which cars are also testing during a Single Practice Session (NOT a Race Event). Usually there are 3 cars at the track, but can I have more, can I have different cars from different race classes, can I choose them?? Is there a tool for this or can I change a config file orso??

Thanks for you help,
SD

Hmmm - odd that it won't let you use or apply the car filter in Practice sessions - I wonder why that is?

I have to be honest and say I don't think I have ever used just Practice in the game at all.

If I wanted to be able to do the overtaking loads of cars on Nords. here is what I would do -

I would select - RACE EVENT - then on the menu for race settings I would select YES - for Practice Session 1 and Practice Session 2, Also increase the number of OPPONENTS to say 23, you dont have to Race the event you can keep restarting Practice if you like I think.

1. Set the AI lower so they are slower, if you want, but this is less fun.
2. On the car selection Screen in the middle at the bottom is the CAR FILTER button - select this - the TOP LEFT of the next screen is where you click to SWITCH CAR FILTER ON - then click CREATE FILTER - create a filter - using this filter can be a bit difficult at first as its not all that Intuitive - (play around with it and see what you get in game is best).

Proceed and see what you get on Nords. - RESTART SESSION - at your convenience to keep yourself in Practice Session 1, but since you said YES to Practice Session 2 its not that important anyway, also if you click CONTINUE instead of going into qualify and Race through to EVENT RESULTS - the last screen gives you a BUTTON either side at the bottom - one is MAIN MENU the other is RESTART SESSION which will take you back to Practice Session 1 and you can do it all over again.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but I think it will give you more than enough of what you wanted. Please let me know because although I have just been oin game to work it all out I have not gone all the way through to Practice on the track - if I had I may well have got sidetracked into racing for a few hours and forgotten to come backand post.

Yes I am addicted to Sim Racing I get in game and it just takes over - It could be worse though, I could be addicted to something really bad, like crack, herion, alcohol, Gran Tourismo or even the X-factor !!!!

i would think that would violate the game engine itself, i mean, imagine the cheating that could be had in Single Player. Where theres possibilities in the game engine itself to switch car, people would hack it for example, to switch to an AI car thats winning the race and so you have a 100% wins on your record, or even in qualifying, switch car to an AI which is about to set a lap record just as hes crossing the line.

I have a strong feeling only the physics of car you have chosen to drive is loaded fully at runtime (i.e. when the track has loaded. This is why you need to go back to the main menu to change the car you want to drive always.

No Gareth - I think you mis-read - its not about switching cars or their physics - you choose the car you will be in and stay in that car for the race - the car filter simply Filters which cars it will allow to be in the race with you, so if you wanted say a BMW WTCC you might filter all but the BMW WTCC's out and include say Minis, Muscle cars, ir GT Cars -that way because the game decides what it will add with you, your less likely to end up with say 15 WTCC's and a mix up of only a few from other classes.

Rfactor does include a driver hotswap facility for offline gaming that does enable you to swap cars - as well as been able to do driver changes in online games for online endurance racing - dont know much about these but I am sure its all here in the forums if your interested and do a search.

I just tried the Car-Filter option and it works pretty good! :highfive: I had 31 cars on track from different classes and only the models I wanted (you can't choose individual drivers/cars). It was great, you just have to watch out if you have different classes on the track...a lot of speed differences. So I suggest to only have 10 to 15 cars on track at the max, otherwise it's too much and you'll never have a clean track in front of you to do some hotlaps.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 491 39.2%