GTR Evo - Monza - Thursday September 4th 2008

First thanks for doing the race tonight bram, can we put in the rules that if your car is ''SMOKING'' big time and making it hard for others they exit to pits, as tonight was a joke the way some one was driving smoking and making cars mis bends!!

Ian,

I had some problems with the smoker too:D. However, I wonder if you would always know that you were putting out smoke. Does that show in the mirror? After I passed the smoking car, I don't remember seeing the smoke in the mirror. It is possible that he did not know about it. Also, you have to admit that it is realistic! I see smoking cars going around all the time in real races. Unless they drop liquid oil or water, they are rarely black flagged.

In any case, thanks for the race. I had some challenges, and ended up with a broken suspension, but I learned a lot, and I did manage to stay in for over 40 min, which is pretty good for a novice like me.:thumb:

Chris

Im pretty sure it does show in the mirror - but if you ever look at the temps on the dash you should see its overheating anyway. Every 5-10 laps i cycle through the LCD info to check the engine and tyre temps before putting it back onto the brake temps which i prefer to drive with.

never saw any smoke myself and i hope to hell it was not me escpecially after me having a dig at someone @ Porto in the last wtcc race :pray:

one reason why i love teamspeak as it is easy for the race director to ask the offending car to leave the track, and i always have the in game chat switched off as it bugs the crap out of me.

Couple of screens, looking at reply out of car you do not see it, but in car it looks like this :)

So we will take it as part of RACING!! :) :)

Attachments

• Monza - Thursday September 4th.JPG
    Monza - Thursday September 4th.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 277
  • Monza - Thursday September 4th ;.JPG
    Monza - Thursday September 4th ;.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 277
  • Darren Gardner

Yeah the smoke was kinda bad, but his car was still full of power as we where side by side

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%