GTR evo cars physics

• Thread starter Norbert Rebelski
  • Start date
N

Norbert Rebelski

• Norbert Rebelski

Don't you think guys that the physics of all new cars that came in gtr evo are a little dumbed down. (WTCC cars, caterham seem still to be ok)

I mean especially under breaking, with Race 07 cars you had to be carefull when applying the brake while turning. If you pushed the brake too much, then the car oversteered.
In gtr evo cars you could put the brick on your brake pedal and and there is no oversteer under breaking in a corner, as there was some braking stability system.

I miss it alot maybe because thats my style to point the nose of the car to the corner with help of the brake. I like to drive the car using its weight distribution as it helps me to turn the car and change directions.

On the other hand, theese cars seem to be ok while applying throttle, you have to be careful while doing that.

What do you think guys.

• Norbert Rebelski

I have to mention that i also tried many things with setup. Like decreasing rear wing, softening front springs, going higher with anti roll-bar, etc. They decrease understeer but not that much.

Don't you think guys that the physics of all new cars that came in gtr evo are a little dumbed down. (WTCC cars, caterham seem still to be ok)

I mean especially under breaking, with Race 07 cars you had to be carefull when applying the brake while turning. If you pushed the brake too much, then the car oversteered.
In gtr evo cars you could put the brick on your brake pedal and and there is no oversteer under breaking in a corner, as there was some braking stability system.

I miss it alot maybe because thats my style to point the nose of the car to the corner with help of the brake. I like to drive the car using its weight distribution as it helps me to turn the car and change directions.

On the other hand, theese cars seem to be ok while applying throttle, you have to be careful while doing that.

What do you think guys.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

Could be an answer ;)

I mainly drive the DB9.
The default setup is very user friendly but it will not give you the times you want.
I am playing with the settings and I have managed to achieve much faster times than with the default settings.
At the same time however the car requires more skill to drive.
The more I tweak it the more it demands from me and I am trying to catch up with it.

Play around with the other settings as well, not just the rear wing for example.

I do want to note though that in GTR2 the Ferrari 575 is much more difficult to control.
The DB9 in EVO has much more grip when you hit the gas down to the floor.
The 575 can easily spin out with 2nd and 3rd gear.
Then again it may be because the car it self is more powerful than the DB9 and that is reflected on the game engine.

• Thomas

I have big problem with oversteering under braking in the Viper and the Corvette and some other car. Took some time to find a car that i liked (Lister Storm) but even that was oversteering both in and out.

The default setup i think need much more work than the stock RACE 07 cars (I talk about the WTCC cars).

Other than that i am in shock. I never thought i would like Evo after my venture into iRacing ( - still like it). Evo blew me away. I even like the skidding sound... :)

Yeah same here, braking and accelerating in the C6R for instance, if not aplied smoothly will result in oversteer.
I know the Gumpert GTPro is also very nervous.
Might i suggest you have a look at your race setting and especially the assists, sounds to me like you're missing out on something.

Cheers, Mcaa666

Yeah same here, braking and accelerating in the C6R for instance, if not aplied smoothly will result in oversteer.
I know the Gumpert GTPro is also very nervous.
Might i suggest you have a look at your race setting and especially the assists, sounds to me like you're missing out on something.

Cheers, Mcaa666
the c6r i love to bits its very managable if u gear it right u want it geared so that ur enty speed make teh engine rev at just over 2/3 so ur not going from low to high torque which is what causes a spin ive just done 10 laps round the nurberg gp and i was consistantly in 2:04's not quick i know but alot quicker than i was getting i was using teh nurbergring setup as a base and adjusting teh diff the wing and teh ratios nothing else

yeah i agree that default setups need to be tweaked in order to set fast times. for instance i've been working with the GT-Pro Koenigsegg CCGT on Nordschleife for the past week and i gained about twentyfive seconds just by tweaking the setup( offcourse it also helps to have driven almost 100 laps the past week), but i'm now down to a respectable 6:42:19.

I also took de C6R out for a spin on Nord a couple of times, first with the default setup and later with the setup from Sander H but somehow that car and me don't go to good (could very well be my driving style).But it remains an awesome car.

Off to Nord now....

yeah i agree that default setups need to be tweaked in order to set fast times. for instance i've been working with the GT-Pro Koenigsegg CCGT on Nordschleife for the past week and i gained about twentyfive seconds just by tweaking the setup( offcourse it also helps to have driven almost 100 laps the past week), but i'm now down to a respectable 6:42:19.

Haha that is pure non-sense. No setup will give you 25 seconds advantage. The reason you speed up is that you get to know the track better.

Every setupguide gives one good advise: practice the default setup as long as you need untill you drive all laps so consistent that there is hardly any difference in time between those laps. That is the point where you need to start tweaking the set to gain that last 1/2 second on a normal track.

• Norbert Rebelski

The biggest pleasure for me is driving caterham 320, beautifully driving car :)
With it I can throw the car to the corner.
It suits my style. My record in nordshleife with it is 7:16 for now.

well i certainly dont find the GT Club Aston DBRS9 very easy to drive, even after heavy tweaking. Its like driving on a road coverred in ball bearings.
I find the Lister to be easiest out of everything so far, but havent driven the yankee motors yet.

and yes of all classes i still love those caterhams the most.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%