RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 tap in race 2 in hairpin with @Jopamir I think. You out-brake yourself and we touched as I was cutting back on your inside, did that affect you?
No Sacha, thanks for asking, maybe only my self-esteem for making such an error after all this years sim-racing ehehe.
And yes, you had a great pace in R2, you kept and sometimes even closed the gap to us at the front Well done, I notice you have been gradually getting better and better and always clean and preserverant driver. Congrats mate. :thumbsup:
On another note, congrats to the mighty Mr. Kenwood, awesome driving (what's you secret Stephen...?), and it was nice to have Mr Ross and Mr Le Gallez up and down the order once again as many other times in the past, us three having the good fight (shame you lost it Ross, it was going to be great fight for sure)
Cheers all, see you in the next one hopefully

I installed an XBOX controller to play a golf game and R3E settings went berserk. Hope to get it sorted by race day.

David, did you get this sorted out? I had a similar issue a while back. I needed to make some changes in Steam Big picture in order to get my wheel working correctly. I turned off generic controller support (unchecked it) and R3E recognized the wheel and I was able to get back to racing.

David, did you get this sorted out? I had a similar issue a while back. I needed to make some changes in Steam Big picture in order to get my wheel working correctly. I turned off generic controller support (unchecked it) and R3E recognized the wheel and I was able to get back to racing.
Thanks William. I did that, verified files, removed XBOX controller from devices in Windows, re-assigned buttons and well I give up. rFactor 2 and AMS no such issues. Unfortunately I'm out.

Thanks guys, that was a fun race. Too bad that more didn't show up! Did you run out of fuel @2112 Greg?
I destroyed my head set about 15 min before practice (vacuum:mad:) so I was using a cell headset but couldn't get either part to work with teamspeak.
Good win KO! My first time at Daytona so it took awhile to figure it out. Have fun and hope to see more next week. Hope you get everything figured out @David DeGreef !!

Late in the race I had to change tires. I was down to 8% when I pitted. The way I handled the bus stop, made getting new tires a necessity. If it weren't for that, I would have been right on Mitchell's bumper. LOL

@brc19 did you catch up to the guy in front of you by the end? When we got some space between us, you did manage to get closer to him.

And that start though... In a FWD and on a banked oval, don't listen to your Crew Cheif when he says to "Floor It" at the start of a race. Very bad things tend to happen. LOL.

Thanks guys, that was a fun race. Too bad that more didn't show up! Did you run out of fuel @2112 Greg?
I destroyed my head set about 15 min before practice (vacuum:mad:) so I was using a cell headset but couldn't get either part to work with teamspeak.
Good win KO! My first time at Daytona so it took awhile to figure it out. Have fun and hope to see more next week. Hope you get everything figured out @David DeGreef !!
Nope, tires. When I pitted I had about 50% left on the fronts. I also pitted to get in synch with Wilko, but I did not expect him to pit too.

I have to say that those cars were a great match for the race. I was setting laps as fast as KO (based on relative) and was hanging with him and you until I pitted. It was fun beating you out of corners but then watching you go by on the straights just to catch you in the twisties again. I think I was taking the bus-stop much faster than the GT4's. In the replay you and I went into the bus stop and I was right on your tail (second lap). My car just planted on the inside and ate up space on you.

Unfortunately, the tires wore very fast.

I would like to do a longer race with realistic tire wear to see how well a TCR would do against a GT4. I know the car was much funner to drive and when I turned I would just flick the wheel in the direction I wanted to go, let the rear hang out and then hammer the gas.

I also noticed that when stopping my rears would lock but the fronts would keep rolling. If I had known that during the race I would have been diving deeper into the corners.

Fun race overall!

Late in the race I had to change tires. I was down to 8% when I pitted. The way I handled the bus stop, made getting new tires a necessity. If it weren't for that, I would have been right on Mitchell's bumper. LOL

@brc19 did you catch up to the guy in front of you by the end? When we got some space between us, you did manage to get closer to him.

And that start though... In a FWD and on a banked oval, don't listen to your Crew Cheif when he says to "Floor It" at the start of a race. Very bad things tend to happen. LOL.
Yeah, that was a little disconcerting!

I did notice that none of us spun or crashed. I think that is a first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%