GTR 4 Series | Final Standings & Next Series Vote

GTR4S R0.png

Four weeks and eight rounds of door-to-door racing and the GTR 4 series has come to an end! This was some of the closest action I've witnessed here at RaceDepartment, and it was great fun to watch and commentate on. It's a shame it's over, and future series now have a rather high benchmark to live up to!

Coming out on top for the second series in a row is Stephen Kenwood who proved mighty in the Porsche CS MR! He didn't have things all his own way though, as JP Miranda provided some stiff competition with his BMW M4. Although separated in the final standings by a little more than a race win, either driver could have taken the championship going into this last event.

A big thank you and congratulations to everyone who took part in the series over the last four weeks. It was great to hear and read that you've enjoyed yourselves again, and fear not because the next series is not far away! See below for more details. But first, the official results:

Standings04.png

The Next Series

As before, you will have noticed that there is a vote at the top of this thread for the class to be used in the next series. The options are classes that have often provided close racing in the past, including some of those suggested in the comment of the previous poll.

I'm going to hazard a guess that many people will be drawn towards the GTR 3s, but don't be too hasty! While they are the "fastest" class on offer this time around, outright speed and power does not necessarily mean great racing. This was clearly demonstrated by the GTR 4s, so perhaps a "slower" class would be a better option? Or how about everyone being in the exact same car? It's something to think about, but ultimately the choice is up to you guys. :)

The poll will remain open until next weekend, so don't forget to vote before then! Everyone has two votes so that we'll hopefully avoid a tie-break this time! Also, feel free to post your thoughts and suggestions for future series in this thread, as all will be considered. Thanks again guys!

Last edited:
I think those that already have hours of Aquila use will have an advantage .... I havnt turned the key yet
Well yes, practice is practice, but that's always the case and is down to each individual and the time they choose to put in. The point is that it's not a permanent, insurmountable advantage like extra engine power or better brakes are, like we saw on some tracks in the GTR 4 championship.

Everyone has a week to practice and become familiar with these cars now, which is more than enough to reach a reasonable level in them. (Also, we haven't used these in the club for ages so I doubt many people have good, recent experience racing them.)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.2%