EU GTR 4 @ Sepang - Thur 31 Jan 2019

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Original poster
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
GTR 4.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We also recommend the use of an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU Thur
Cars: GTR 4
Track: Sepang - GP

Thursday 31/01/19
Practice:
20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 21:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 21:15 UTC (20 minutes)

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. Steve Le Gallez (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. FeltHat
  3. suspectmonkey
  4. Mike Wyatt
  5. Calvyn White
  6. Gopher04
  7. PurgerUK
  8. paulbee058
  9. Luca Antinori
  10. hollowdene
  11. Thegodfather6571
  12. rustyjabs67
  13. Piotr Dul
  14. Jopamir
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

Reserves please stay off of the server when official practice starts. Staff will let you know via TeamSpeak if and when you can enter.

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#42

Last edited by a moderator:

Isaac Chavira

Livery Designer
Premium
Sep 11, 2009
Way outside my time zone but these little cars are so fun to drive. I did a FULL official race today with qualifying and all. The feel faster than GTR-3 cars to me for some reason. I followed the British GT4 formula but obviously had to adjust for Race Rooms configs.

KTM X-BOW GT4
60mins Free Practice 1
10mins GT4 Pro Qualifying
60min Race 1

Loads of fun, enjoy guys!

Reactions: Jopamir and Goffik

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
Here is a set up for the Lotus I've been working on. And if I have any more spare time I work on it some more. So that may be an update to the set-up.

Also sorry for the late posting of the Audi GT3 I thought I posted it. And only realised I didn't when I asked if anybody was using it. I had no response so I checked and no it wasn't there. So I asked if anybody needing any help. And @paulbee058 and I with @Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan drop down to another channel on TS to share my setup. But I feel I left it too late to benefit from it. It was very late into the practice session. Not enough time to make any alterations if needed or to practice. So sorry about that it probably didn't do you any good.
So I'm posting the Lotus setup that I have so far. Earlier enough to get used to it and make any alterations that you deem necessary to suit your style.

Attachments

Last edited:

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
Here is a setup for the KTM. I've done a little bit more work on.
I think all 3 cars are quite equal but I think the Porsche is more suited to this track. Its easier to get the time without fine tuning the setup so much. I also think the Lotus and the KTM do need to be pushed harder and tuned a little bit finer.
Like the Lotus if I have the time in making any improvements I will update the posted setups.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Jopamir and FeltHat

FeltHat

4000RPM
Mar 6, 2016
whoa, thanks Calvyn, gonna check it out on race day and tell you how bad it is :D

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
whoa, thanks Calvyn, gonna check it out on race day and tell you how bad it is :D
Oh thanks Rad. I would prefer to be told something good though. But bad is ok. At least you're be telling me something even if you're disappointed.:(:roflmao: it's ok I can take it as I'm a grown ( old ) man, you... you... you git.:cry::cry::roflmao:

Last edited:

Gopher04

1000RPM
Sep 27, 2009
For me what ever you do here the Lotus and Porsche understeer like pigs, and the KTM is abit of the pace.

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
Just been messing around with the Porsche. And I'm not liking it as much as the other two. Bad understeer and is terrible going into corners hard. It just doesn't like going into second gear you either get a bleep or the back wheels lock up causing you to spin. But my brain is telling me it should be able to go into the corner without these problems.It does when you're take it easy and be careful. Yeah I know I should be doing that anyway but I don't think as much as you have to.
Made a few adjustments and I know it's faster from my first set up I just can't seem to get a clean lap in. But it does have 2 or 3 maybe 4 tenths in it. In better hands and mine.
Not sure if I'm going to use this car or not. I do think is the fastest of the three at this track but I don't like the way it drives.
I will post my first and second setup.

Attachments

suspectmonkey

500RPM
Oct 6, 2017
Just been messing around with the Porsche. And I'm not liking it as much as the other two. Bad understeer and is terrible going into corners hard. It just doesn't like going into second gear you either get a bleep or the back wheels lock up causing you to spin.
I've been driving the Porsche in a league and it seems the latest update has definitely changed the handling characteristics. They seem to have fixed the issue were changing from 2 > 3 was causing the rear wheels to loose traction, but they also seem to have changed the downshift pprotection. Feels like you can now shift from 3 > 2 earlier which causes the rears to lock, so you have to shift down much later than it feels like you should.

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
I've been driving the Porsche in a league and it seems the latest update has definitely changed the handling characteristics. They seem to have fixed the issue were changing from 2 > 3 was causing the rear wheels to loose traction, but they also seem to have changed the downshift pprotection. Feels like you can now shift from 3 > 2 earlier which causes the rears to lock, so you have to shift down much later than it feels like you should.
That's funny you should say that I was thinking about the exactly the same thing when I was writing my earlier post.
And I think you're right I think they have made some changes and it's probably not just the Porsche it's probably the KTM and Lotus as well. Oh double dear. So if that's the case which I do believe it is I hope they reset the leaderboard because to be quite honest I don't think those times are going to be achieved any longer. Then again it might be ok.

Just read the the update details or lack of and it quotes about the GT4 as follows.

GTR4 class : Made AI quicker, reduced Downshift Prevention intervention, tweaked gearshifts, automatic gearbox behavior improvement. Tweaks to default setup of the Lotus, increased KTM drag a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: suspectmonkey

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
In a earlier post I mentioned I thought the Porsche was the fastest of the three. I no longer believe this to be the case. As the tweak they have made, which I regard as mere alteration. As the word tweak suggest improvement which I don't believe it is. I'm talking about getting down to 2nd gear which I believe in my hands is out of sync. If that makes any sense. Like @suspectmonkey stated in about going from 2nd to 3rd gear was a problem and I must admit I was not aware of it but it is a bit easier that I have noticed. But as for going from 3rd to 2nd is now extremely noticeable. And not in a good way.IMO.

I managed to squeeze a little more out of it with my second set up previously posted. But nowhere near as much as I expected. And I feel in my hands the downshift which I will call an issue as I find it very random and inconsistent. I'm sure in the right hands it will be fine. For me when my mind and my logic is telling me something different I see no point fighting with the car.

I have managed to get the KTM faster then I can get the Porsche despite the adding of drag whatever that means and why.