RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of these three cars are not nice to drive in VR for me. The KTM apparently has a tiny cockpit. Adjusting the view to someone my size leaves me with my head practically through the roof and barely able to see out the windscreen. The Lotus is just plain weird... the world scale is way off, meaning the steering wheel looks like something that would normally be found on a bus rather than in a racing car. Adjusting it to the correct proportions leaves my view about a foot behind the back of the drivers seat. In both cases putting the viewpoint into a "useful" position creates such a disconnect between my real and virtual hands that it just feels horrible. Never seen these issues with any other car. Makes me wonder if they were tested in VR at all.

Oh well, at least the Porsche works without issue... and it's my favourite of the three anyway. :p

Guess i'm going to use the Porsche as well then.

Also i'm in. :)

Apologies but during my adrenaline fueled work-out of getting out of a chair I’ve done my back in. Will leave myself signed in for Tuesdays race and see how it goes

Apologies but during my adrenaline fueled work-out of getting out of a chair I’ve done my back in. Will leave myself signed in for Tuesdays race and see how it goes
I know how you feel when your having a back problem. I tried lifting my dad up off the floor after he fell out of bed at 4 in the morning. And popped a disc out in my back. 3 1/2 weeks later and I'm still in agony. Not with the spine but with all the muscles and tendons and nerve there are on fire at times. My hips hurt most of the time oddly enough but that's the way it goes apparently when you do this sort of thing.
Anti-inflammatory and if that don't work go to the doctor's and ask for morphine. 10mg morphine patch and two Zapain sometimes three. And get somebody to wipe the dribble off your chin.:roflmao:
Get better soon mate. And remember you're not 21 anymore.;)

I have to sign off. My game STILL keeps crashing when i play in VR. I seem to get like 10 minutes before the game just closes. I reported it on the sector 3 forum, so until it gets fixed no raceroom for me. :(

I can play all other VR games i have just fine, so it must be an issue with raceroom

I can play all other VR games i have just fine, so it must be an issue with raceroom
But the fact that many others are playing in VR without crashes suggests that it isn't R3E... or at least, that it is some combination unique to your system combined with R3E.

I forgot which headset you are using... is it Oculus? If so, have you tried the older, more stable version of SteamVR to see if that helps? It's a necessity for me to play without horrendous stuttering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%