RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to hear what you guys think of the new physics for the FRJ.
Is this a loaded question? :whistling:
I will bite.
Putting it simply a car does not handle like it used to since a physics update sometime ago,11 Jul, 2018
Unfortunately I find this and many ofter cars now back end happy. I just get the impression that most of the cars are doing the same thing. Which means very little grip from the back. And it is extremely difficult to find it if at all.
These cars will sneak into a corner under braking that's if you haven't even locked up which is extremely easy, ridiculously easy. You get the horrible sensation of floating at the back end. Front tyres in the dry rear tyres in the wet.
They are extremely difficult to find a setup that works completely. If it isn't over-steering out of slower corners it's under-steering out of faster ones. I said some months ago they've tried to fix something that wasn't broken, it is now ish, IMO. It's difficult to drive but it is atill fun but not as much as it used to be. As I believe it doesn't behave the way it should or would expect.
Too match tampering with this car and to be honest to match tampering with a few more. Sure some cars needed a good looking at and they were pointed out, many times over a long period. And I would say they've done a good job and getting them to an acceptable standard. But I didn't see any complaints about the handling, physics of this one or others that have been "fixed" the want for a better word.:whistling:
But other than that I suppose it's ok, I just think it was better once.

Last edited:
Is this a loaded question? :whistling:
Nope, a genuine question since they were tweaked in the patch and I haven't had a chance to give them a proper go yet. I've seen some praise for them on the S3 forums, but all mentioned that it "moved around more", which is something I'm personally not overly keen on. Sounds like you feel the same, so I welcome your feedback. :thumbsup:

They remind me of group C's, without the turbo.

Locking brakes way too easily and even more inclined to swap ends on corner entry lift off.

Horrible little things with no redeeming features whatsoever.

Can you tell I'm not keen :roflmao:

WTCR 2018.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU Tues
Cars: WTCR 2018
Track: Gelleråsen - GP

Tuesday 23/04/19
Practice:
19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 20:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:15 UTC (20 minutes) (Reverse grid to 5 places)

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. Ross Garland (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. PurgerUK
  3. kamackeris
  4. Roy Magnes
  5. FeltHat
  6. DKOliver
  7. Ingemar Petersson
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#19

Last edited:
FR 3.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU Thur
Cars: FR 3

[DAY] 25/04/19
Practice:

Race 2: 20:15 UTC (20 minutes)

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. Free slot
  2. Free slot
  3. Free slot
  4. Free slot
  5. Free slot
  6. Free slot
  7. Free slot
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#6

Last edited:
GTR 4.jpg

Join us

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU Sun
Cars: GTR 4

Sunday 28/04/19
Practice:

Race 2: 20:15 UTC (20 minutes) (Reverse grid to 5 places)

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. Ross Garland (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. FeltHat
  3. Steve Le Gallez
  4. kamackeris
  5. Ingemar Petersson
  6. VernWozza
  7. Calvyn White
  8. DucMan888
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#19

Last edited:
They remind me of group C's, without the turbo.

Locking brakes way too easily and even more inclined to swap ends on corner entry lift off.

Horrible little things with no redeeming features whatsoever.

Can you tell I'm not keen :roflmao:
Despite what we have said it does have a and sort of a redeeming features and that is it sounds very good. And the gearbox isn't too bad either.
And unfortunately to add to the not so good and surprisingly it's quite bad over curbs. Tends to oversteer quite easily but that could be my setup.
Overall like I said I think the car is difficult to drive. Not the easiest for a rookie or somebody that's new to Sim racing.

Last edited:
Won't be able to attend this event, but wanted to wish all a happy holiday weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%