Well SimBin did not even manage to beat the West Brothers on this one.

The West Brothers never took down their website and will until all eternity be known to have beaten SimBin's vaporware with just … superior vaporware.

In SimBin's "CEO"s shoes, I'd be looking for a job at the local supermarket … as a bag holder, … or sell Tupperware.

West Brothers 1 : 0 SimBin

Actually it never did.
That particular rendering is just so offensive to me as a photographer with this completely ridiculously over the top unsharpened PP.

There is no photographic system realistically usable at a race track that could technically produce such a ridiculous effect.
Everything is wrong about this rendering. Everything.

I'd have bought GTR3 for night and rain features. At least we got an update, and an apology I guess!!

There are 2 ideas I'd warm to. One, based on the concept of taking AC, Gran Turismo, and Forza, and build them with the quality/physics in UE, like ACC has. GT has road cars, and GT4 type variants. Forza has seen std road cars, which are modified generically into a racing car via tuning and parts. GT/Forza on PC, with more realism would be a hit I'd say. Just junk any unrealistic "VisionGT" cars, and have narrower tracks.

GT used real roads as a basis for the Tokyo location, and it looked and drove nicely. Cheaper than some real tracks, but importantly, variation too. I think SimBin could have announced anything licenced, and we'd have been happy. I think something like AC2, with a nod to Forza/GT would do well, if built well from the ground up. To do this, they'd need official licences for real data.

With a base sim, they could then sell DLC packs to cater for what "some" fans like. So, paid dlc for Hillclimb, rally stages, classic Grp A race packs etc., etc., could all be addons for a base game. Plus old Formula cars, and 60's racing beasts could be offered.

Second option - already pointed out by another member here. Let SBUK develop RRE2. Port RRE over to UE, let's finally have day, night, and weather. Announce RRE2, and offer it as early-access, once they have some base content converted. It'd be a great way to add more series' and life into RRE. Plus early-access would allow them funding to get a large team working as fast as possible. Those that are happy with RRE and are happy to dry lap, they don't have to buy-in. Let those that are unhappy with the state of RRE pay an early access fee, to help fund something workable.

simbin uk will never deliver. at the end of this year, or midway through 2022 at the latest, they'll be no more, and GTR3 will fall into the oblivion of simracing history, forever.
mark my words.

Last edited:
Man this is just so wacky.

SimBin (but not that SimBin) announce a GT3 title. The "screenshots" are obvious UE4 mockups and don't actually look all that great.

Kunos then develop and release an entire GT3 game complete with official licensing, VR, and eSports support, as well as several DLC packs. It takes a while, but becomes one of the most popular sims on the market.

In this timeframe, almost four years, SimBin release a couple of more UE4 mockups, accidentally announce a series they don't actually have the license to (and then have to backpedal), create new social media channels that they post on once every 6-12 months, and then announce they are closing their Discord channel.

Was there ever a game to begin with?

SimBin and their gt3 title are the West brothers and their racing legends of our time. Vaporware.

I cant say i'm surprised. GTR3 is the half life 3 of sim racing. It's been on and off a few times now so its no news really. It might happen one day and it might not. I love gtr, gtr2 and gt legends don't get me wrong, But I gave up on simbin ever making a gtr3 or any other sim a long time ago.

Here @simbin1 , we are making huge changes to our social profile. Over the past few years we have been solely dedicated to GTR3’s development and ensuring that it releases with the best simulation racing experience possible. This includes working alongside our other sister studios to incorporate interesting and practical real world applications for GTR3. Ultimately this has led us to focus all our resources internally.

Although we are proud of our huge achievements with GTR3’s development, we haven’t been vocal about them. However, that’s all about to change. In the upcoming weeks we are going to shine a light on our fantastic SimBin family who have dedicated so much time and energy into GTR3.

This also means we are shifting towards a completely transparent social model. Which is why we are excited to announce that as our first steps towards this goal we are launching an official GTR3 Discord!
aged like fine wine

Not to cause trouble, but......

As much as GTR3 is being labeled vaporware, I see no real difference between it and rfactor 2. Yes RF2 does exist but eleven years later and it really isn't much better than rfactor with shadding. I joined up when they first made the RF2 announcement. It seems always close but so far a big dissapointment.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back