Classy statement from Simbin. They seem like a genuinely good studio with the right mindset.

From a market perspective, I think licensing a WEC title would be the best way forward. Going GT3 will make it a real challenge to garner interest from the ACC community. ACC is a mature and polished GT3 sim, having been around for a few years now. Kunos had the opportunity to fine tune and build on it.

Simbin would virtually be starting from scratch in comparison to Kunos. Doesn't mean they will fail physics wise to ACC but that its more likely it won't be as good due the aforementioned maturity and polish of ACC.

But there is opportunity and potential in a WEC style sim in my opinion. Regardless, I hope they can move forward because they've always been a great studio and enjoyed all their sims from the original GTR, GT Legends, all the way to Race 07/GTR Evo

Of course, there's a couple issues. First, and biggest, Motorsport Games (rf2) owns that license.
Then, there's the smaller issues, like the fact that for a proper WEC game, you need hybrid, which is only currently present in the iRacing and AC engine.

I gave up on this title coming around 7 years ago. They just need to come out and say "Look guys, we can't do it. So, our employees have decided to lend their talents to other companies". It would be nice but look at the OUTDATED Bentley. They should just (if they can)become the sole lincensee of IMSA which include their GT4/TC series.

iRacing basically has this license for however long they want

I gave up on this title coming around 7 years ago. They just need to come out and say "Look guys, we can't do it. So, our employees have decided to lend their talents to other companies". It would be nice but look at the OUTDATED Bentley. They should just (if they can)become the sole lincensee of IMSA which include their GT4/TC series.

Technically, T10 of Forza Motorsports has access to IMSA license.

Yeah, they did jack **** with it, other than loads of historic cars that drive almost the same.

• Deleted member 6919

Oh the shock and horror of it, didn't see that one coming...Oh yeh I did Duke Nukem strikes again..:roflmao:

There is already an overwhelming amount of content out there with the same types of cars, tracks, etc...
I'm not sure if GTR3 were released today, if it could gain any traction.
I think it'd be way too late, with ACC already out there dominating this sector.
Maybe they...and other studios should concentrate on the untapped areas like vintage racing.
Heck!...finish what the West Brothers were proposing or do some old saloon racing cars.
There really has not been anything released to that audience since GT Legends.

Between ACC , iRacing and RaceRoom Racing Experience I'm not seeing how another sim feature GT3 cars could be successful. GTR3 (comparable to what GTR2 was) aint never gonna happen IMO unless a company with Rockstar games or Microsoft levels of money gets together a hyper passionate team dedicated to sim racing and that team is given a number of years to produce an amazing product. Pipe dream! Looking at Steam stats, Assetto Corsa is still king with ACC coming in 2nd. Most seem to want the variety and moddability that AC offers.

Street cars, classic race cars and modern and public road style courses, drifting , touge driving is what the majority out there seem to want. Cool thing about public roads is no licensing is required. The talent to create this content exists on this website. License some proper cars a few old and new, Porsche, Ferrari, Mustang etc.

I will just consider this vaporware unless and until there's reason to believe otherwise. Not much reason to bother about another GT3 title anyway when we already have AC Competizione.

Last edited:
スクリーンショット (14).png

Bad news. But was anticipated.

How about this: what if we, the community, created our spiritual sequel to GTR using Unreal Engine 4? I can contribute with 3d models.

Hey guys, this is all your own fault. You and your ugly comments pissed off developers and this is their revenge. GTR3 was ready for release a long time ago, but you didn't like screenshots etc. info they released, there was too many polygons, too Arcade realism etc.

THIS IS THE BEST REVENGE FOR YOU, NOTHING SEEMS TO BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!!!

Thank you Simbin, I love you!!!

Well they never showed enough for me to get hyped so its not the end of the world. I hope it comes out at some point, everyone wins if there is more competition.
I don't think anybody with a braincell would - they had me when they said they are going simcade but then I had already made it clear myself after the end of rF2's lifecycle, I'm quitting which means no ACC and no AMS2

Classy statement from Simbin. They seem like a genuinely good studio with the right mindset.

From a market perspective, I think licensing a WEC title would be the best way forward. Going GT3 will make it a real challenge to garner interest from the ACC community. ACC is a mature and polished GT3 sim, having been around for a few years now. Kunos had the opportunity to fine tune and build on it.

Simbin would virtually be starting from scratch in comparison to Kunos. Doesn't mean they will fail physics wise to ACC but that its more likely it won't be as good due the aforementioned maturity and polish of ACC.

But there is opportunity and potential in a WEC style sim in my opinion. Regardless, I hope they can move forward because they've always been a great studio and enjoyed all their sims from the original GTR, GT Legends, all the way to Race 07/GTR Evo
WEC litterally has seen better days - it would had been a different matter in 2015 but then I can't see it anywhere like it was in the Group C days.
To me, WEC is like a has been former A-list actor who is trying to stay relevant but only get tiny roles on daytime TV - look at it, the way ACO and FIA handled the new hypercar class is a joke, they look nothing like the supercars you see in London. All designers do is to make it look like a lousy road legal LMP1 wannabe kit car. Also, work teams are leaving the GTE class, their IMSA counterpart is dying too. As for LMP2, never been a fan of this single engine formula
You could say it's "the best way forward" because they both has seen better days

Hasn't licensing always been a nightmare for developers though?

I thought brands and marques had woken up to the fact that having good exposure in a video game nowadays is a really, really good idea and would try to make it happen rather than being obstructive.
They've woken up to the fact that video game licensing is an easy way to generate income without having to do much.

Think the main licensing problems with older/abandoned series are
- no interest in publicity from the organisers, who even might not exist anymore,
- brands/teams who have long moved on or also do not exist anymore.

Honestly, I don't expect anything from this development team anymore. For years they have sold smoke, just screenshots and that's it, not a video, not a gameplay not even a shred of trailers, zero. Frankly I'm sick of all this even if it really comes out (in 2030? XD), before I buy it I'll make sure it's simulation at least as much as its predecessor, otherwise it will stay on the shelf. Very very disappointed with this attitude, too bad. :(

oh wow such a big surprise that the team who showed nothing and achieved nothing has decided to pull the plug on this project despite not having been plugged in at all ever... Wow... Shocking really... I am totally surprised pikachu face right now yeah...

To be honest, I didn't even remember that this game was in development. It is one of those things where I totally forget this is a thing until "news" come out about it which invariably are just a couple of 3D renders that anyone can do with a decent 3D model and some photo editing skills. We have a spiritual successor to GTR2. It is called ACC. It can fully model 3 seasons of the GT3 championship with all cars teams and drivers represented. Now it can even do GT4 so we have 2 classes.

GTR3 does not exist and it has never existed save as some undescript personal project of a dev or two. Let's be honest here, they were banking on nostalgia and that is probably running low as people move on. So yeah, they can say all they want, they are nowhere near having a product set for alpha release let alone a finished product. I mean, we never know but I am willing to bet this is the last communication we will have from "SimBin".

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back