Where have you heard this?
Inside my head and posed as a question ;). It just seems to me instead of pouring resources into a project (GTR3) going on many years with no clear outcome and another (R3E) that is constantly being critized for not having this or that KW A.G. would consolidate efforts in the racing sim and accomplish one complete sim.

Last edited:
Man this is just so wacky.

SimBin (but not that SimBin) announce a GT3 title. The "screenshots" are obvious UE4 mockups and don't actually look all that great.

Kunos then develop and release an entire GT3 game complete with official licensing, VR, and eSports support, as well as several DLC packs. It takes a while, but becomes one of the most popular sims on the market.

In this timeframe, almost four years, SimBin release a couple of more UE4 mockups, accidentally announce a series they don't actually have the license to (and then have to backpedal), create new social media channels that they post on once every 6-12 months, and then announce they are closing their Discord channel.

Was there ever a game to begin with?
It is like the 'new' West Brothers. What was the name of their title again?
What's the gestation of this sim title?

It is like the 'new' West Brothers. What was the name of their title again?
What's the gestation of this sim title?
Racing Legends
and by the way, I mentioned in the discord server (I've been into since the server opened, what a wild ride) that GTR3 was just vaporware as RL, been told "no, the project is real, no vaporware" by the server mods, yet they managed to achieve even less than RL did at the time, setting a new low. The irony.

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy a GTR3 game anyways. Totally fed up with modern car sims and all the GT3 stuff (have ACC and removed it from SSD already, rF2 has only historic content and mods, same with AC, etc). My cup of tea are old cars, the ones that want to kill you and need to be driven properly, with clutch and manual gears, heel-and-toe and all the dance on the pedals. That being said, I recognize that I'm part of 0.032% preference on the simracing community nowadays (maybe lower?) but a GT Legends 2 title would be an instabuy for me! :) There's a HUGE void regarding classic/old cars on racing sim scene, and I'm waiting/hoping for some studio to fill in.

Oh wow, what a surprise this is! :confused:

Not. :rolleyes:

The truth is that almost nobody will be feeling disappointed today, because the launch of a Discord channel and the announcement of a pending announcement which never came was not enough for anyone to get hyped up in the first place.

This whole project has been a joke from the start, and for me at least, SimBin and GTR 3 have lost all credibility. I'm not even interested in this vapourware anymore. They claim lessons have been learned, yet it's apparently taken them many years and multiple false starts to learn them. I fail to see how that qualifies as "solid talent", and any development staff with even a modicum of talent would do well to find a job elsewhere... like with a company that actually releases products.

RIP GTR 3. In this already GT-heavy sim-racing market, you won't be missed. :poop:

Sad news from Simbin that will once again postpone / cancel GTR 3. I hope that at least they can help to graphically evolve the Raceroom that is already on the market with a lot of content and with only an update to its engine.

A shame, at the end of the day they are real people working to try and release a product in difficult times in an already crowded sector. However, launching the Discord channel to 'no longer hide away' then closing it to hide away again, is a rather odd decision. Surely it would be best for them to lay their cards on the table with some alpha footage, otherwise everyone will lose interest/faith, if they haven't done so already. ...

I wonder why SimBin UK can't develop a title based on the FIA GT series like 1 and 2. I would think a historic GT series with modern visuals etc would be unique and offer something different to set it apart from all the other GT sims that they're trying to compete with.

They did it before, so they can do it again. Blow us away with something different, rather than just another modern day racer.

It just seems trying to introduce a modern GT sim into an already saturated marketplace is always going to be incredibly tough, especially if you're doing it from scratch.

Last edited:
I would think a historic GT series with modern visuals etc would be unique and offer something different to set it apart from all the other GT sims that they're trying to compete with.

They did it before, so they can do it again. Blow us away with something different, rather than just another modern day racer.
No they didn't, this Simbin has nothing in common with the original one other than the name, which they are in the process of tarnishing.
They have produced nothing other than screenshots and announcements.

I wouldn't buy a GTR3 game anyways. Totally fed up with modern car sims and all the GT3 stuff (have ACC and removed it from SSD already, rF2 has only historic content and mods, same with AC, etc). My cup of tea are old cars, the ones that want to kill you and need to be driven properly, with clutch and manual gears, heel-and-toe and all the dance on the pedals. That being said, I recognize that I'm part of 0.032% preference on the simracing community nowadays (maybe lower?) but a GT Legends 2 title would be an instabuy for me! :) There's a HUGE void regarding classic/old cars on racing sim scene, and I'm waiting/hoping for some studio to fill in.

What you say I say it 5 years ago.. nobody doing the golden times of racing gpl papyrus was the last. Vintage cars and tracks love it. We have to much modern racing games

A real green hell is what we need! With al the bumps

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%