GTR 3 | Simbin To Close Discord Channel - Yet More Delays For Troubled Title

Fernando Zart

250RPM
I wouldn't buy a GTR3 game anyways. Totally fed up with modern car sims and all the GT3 stuff (have ACC and removed it from SSD already, rF2 has only historic content and mods, same with AC, etc). My cup of tea are old cars, the ones that want to kill you and need to be driven properly, with clutch and manual gears, heel-and-toe and all the dance on the pedals. That being said, I recognize that I'm part of 0.032% preference on the simracing community nowadays (maybe lower?) but a GT Legends 2 title would be an instabuy for me! :) There's a HUGE void regarding classic/old cars on racing sim scene, and I'm waiting/hoping for some studio to fill in.

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Oh wow, what a surprise this is! :confused:

Not. :rolleyes:

The truth is that almost nobody will be feeling disappointed today, because the launch of a Discord channel and the announcement of a pending announcement which never came was not enough for anyone to get hyped up in the first place.

This whole project has been a joke from the start, and for me at least, SimBin and GTR 3 have lost all credibility. I'm not even interested in this vapourware anymore. They claim lessons have been learned, yet it's apparently taken them many years and multiple false starts to learn them. I fail to see how that qualifies as "solid talent", and any development staff with even a modicum of talent would do well to find a job elsewhere... like with a company that actually releases products.

RIP GTR 3. In this already GT-heavy sim-racing market, you won't be missed. :poop:

Luis Pereira

10RPM
Sad news from Simbin that will once again postpone / cancel GTR 3. I hope that at least they can help to graphically evolve the Raceroom that is already on the market with a lot of content and with only an update to its engine.

A shame, at the end of the day they are real people working to try and release a product in difficult times in an already crowded sector. However, launching the Discord channel to 'no longer hide away' then closing it to hide away again, is a rather odd decision. Surely it would be best for them to lay their cards on the table with some alpha footage, otherwise everyone will lose interest/faith, if they haven't done so already. ...

Tigerteeth

50RPM
I wonder why SimBin UK can't develop a title based on the FIA GT series like 1 and 2. I would think a historic GT series with modern visuals etc would be unique and offer something different to set it apart from all the other GT sims that they're trying to compete with.

They did it before, so they can do it again. Blow us away with something different, rather than just another modern day racer.

It just seems trying to introduce a modern GT sim into an already saturated marketplace is always going to be incredibly tough, especially if you're doing it from scratch.

Last edited:

Kenny Paton

10000RPM
Staff
Premium
I would think a historic GT series with modern visuals etc would be unique and offer something different to set it apart from all the other GT sims that they're trying to compete with.

They did it before, so they can do it again. Blow us away with something different, rather than just another modern day racer.
No they didn't, this Simbin has nothing in common with the original one other than the name, which they are in the process of tarnishing.
They have produced nothing other than screenshots and announcements.

muzikant

1000RPM
I wouldn't buy a GTR3 game anyways. Totally fed up with modern car sims and all the GT3 stuff (have ACC and removed it from SSD already, rF2 has only historic content and mods, same with AC, etc). My cup of tea are old cars, the ones that want to kill you and need to be driven properly, with clutch and manual gears, heel-and-toe and all the dance on the pedals. That being said, I recognize that I'm part of 0.032% preference on the simracing community nowadays (maybe lower?) but a GT Legends 2 title would be an instabuy for me! :) There's a HUGE void regarding classic/old cars on racing sim scene, and I'm waiting/hoping for some studio to fill in.

What you say I say it 5 years ago.. nobody doing the golden times of racing gpl papyrus was the last. Vintage cars and tracks love it. We have to much modern racing games

A real green hell is what we need! With al the bumps

Last edited:

Linkendorf

25RPM
Premium
Dang, that's too bad. The screenshots looks great...had a lot of fun with GTR2 years ago, hopefully this doesn't turn into another...well, I guess everyone else had the same thought about Racing Legends..

I think SimBin is in a really difficult position. The sim market is very crowded right now and they appear to be wanting to make a game that on the surface seems like it will be exactly the same as ACC: same cars, same series, same tracks. To me, the GTR series was all about the FIA GT1 & GT2 category that Stephane Ratel ran as a championship in the post-BPR era, which in today's guise is closest in form to GTE, which is run by the ACO, and GT3, which is still under Ratel's stewardship but licensed to ACC.

SimBin could focus on making a game based around GTE, however the ACO recently announced plans to create their own sim based on the European Le Mans Series and the Le Mans 24 Hour, so that category is tied up too.

With the market as it is, we have a bunch of games based around a wide range of categories (GTS, iRacing, Race Room, Assetto Corsa, rFactor) with a handful that focus closely on a narrow set of categories (ACC, F1, and the upcoming LM24h sim). So where is the best place for GTR3 to find it's market? What point of difference does it have that will attract players? And if it aims to fill the same slot as an existing game, will they be able to make it good enough that it is able to displace an already established title?

ivanalesi

50RPM

Exactly! In terms of marketing there are very few opportunities and a classic racing title is one of them. The others are IndyCar racing + old school cars/tracks, LeMans, TCR which is more or less taken by RaceRoom and that's it :) GT3 cars is Assetto Corsa's territory... it's their specialty and they are working closely with all the manufacturers/teams.

SuperMonacoGP

100RPM
Dang, that's too bad. The screenshots looks great...had a lot of fun with GTR2 years ago, hopefully this doesn't turn into another...well, I guess everyone else had the same thought about Racing Legends..
well history is repeating itself, last post by the West brothers on RL forum was something like "we're going to work in private from now on" and we all know how it ended, and basically it's the same thing Simbin said today in their discord server

Soddyn

10RPM
big-poster-serie-i-want-to-believe-arquivo-x-tam-90x60-cm-posters-de-series.png

It's a shame really, but not surprising. It seems that they don't even know what this game will be. They only showed us a few rendered images with R3E assets.
At this point i think the best case scenario is we get UE4 for R3E and the worst case is Simbin goes under and takes S3 with them.

Last edited: