RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jan Larsen, how did you make that BMW so fast? On the home straight you literally whizzed by me just before T1 as if I was standing still, yet Jack who was also in a BMW seemed to drop away towards the end of the straight.

Brilliant pair of races really tbh. I qually I had four seperate occasions where I could have stuck it on pole, but made 3 track limit mistakes and spun once, so had to settle for 2nd.
Got a decent start for once, only to see @Calvyn White blast off into 1st, seriously mate, that was a shocker of a start, in a good way! Immediately started to harass Calvyn and learn his way of driving in order to set a pass up. Quickly realized I was later on the brakes and tried a move into the first Rivazza, didnt work. Then tried a skin attack into T2 which worked since he made a mistake and went wide which allowed me to go around the outside in T3 and make it stick. Not long after Stephen made it by as well and soon started to gain on me. Managed to keep the gap to around 2 secs and hold it there for the remainder of the race. But you kept me honest Stephen, really had to concentrate hard to make every apex and braking point!

Race 2 was equally brilliant, had a good start and gained a few spots in the opening sequence of corners. Got by Stephen in the process which I knew was very important since he had a slight edge on pace. Also had a good side by side scrap through Villeneuve with Jack G, great racing. Eventually found myself leading after about halfway with Stephen running me down again. Got slightly nervous and made silly mistakes throughout the last 10 minutes, but managed to hold him back with about half a second.

Love these cars, the series and the racing. Cheers @Goffik for setting it up :)

Last edited:
@Jan Larsen, how did you make that BMW so fast? On the home straight you literally whizzed by me just before T1 as if I was standing still, yet Jack who was also in a BMW seemed to drop away towards the end of the straight.
1) Good exit out of Rivazza. 2) 5 wing and 3) good tow. One thing I also found through testing was that rear toe-in affects it a lot, so kept it to half a degree which also made the car stick nicely while having some rotation.

Last edited:
Hey Ross,
Bin-dabei-logo-10.png

BMW M6 #33, please for Race #1.

:) I take it there's no mechanism to do your own BOP - put a 30kg ballast on it, for example?
There is actually. I can assign individual drivers ballast if I want to. However, doing that "fairly" would require proper determination of exactly how much "faster" the M6 is, and how much extra weight would nullify the advantage, all of which would need extensive testing from a driver far better (and more interested) at hotlapping than me. :p

Thing is, I'm not overly bothered about it's apparent advantages... there are others in the GTR 3 class, which people seem to have forgotten all about, that have advantages too. I just think it's sad that in a class which has no fewer than eighteen (18!) different cars to choose from, half of our grid has chosen the same one.

Stephen has run the Corvette all series (I think) and was marginally faster than me, so there are cars out there as fast as the M6.
I think people choose it because they've seen the results and therefore conclude its the fastest car. I chose it because its the only one I own because I'm a terrible cheapskate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years