RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have preferred a single 40-45 minute stint, but that's okay.
We just ran a month-long series of 40 minute races. I think repeating the same thing too often gets boring. Besides, 20 minute sprints are more accessible (especially to rookies), give everyone a "second chance", allow for reversed grids, and usually result in closer races. I'd like to try and get more people involved this time around, hence the choice of class, tracks and format.

corvette is amazing car, I doubt between the bmw m6 and the corvette, Corvette is more stable and gentle than bmw. But I have always raced with bmw. Maybe Saturday is the day to make a change
Do it! It's fun to try something different. And otherwise we might as well have made this the M6 series :) :)

Last edited:
corvette is amazing car, I doubt between the bmw m6 and the corvette, Corvette is more stable and gentle than bmw. But I have always raced with bmw. Maybe Saturday is the day to make a change
Goffik I can appreciate your feelings towards the M6. I don't particularly enjoy driving it. But the car is very easy for me to consistently drive hard. Obviously it's a personal preference thing. All of the cars are fast in the right hands.

Mod Edit: Please don't post or discuss lap times in club event threads. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if it comes across like I'm an idiot (I am). Obviously my preference is for everyone to drive whatever car they like and have fun! I'm the kind of person that likes a band for example just because no-one else does...

Also, if I use a car no-one else does, I can blame the car when I come last ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry if it comes across like I'm an idiot (I am). Obviously my preference is for everyone to drive whatever car they like and have fun! I'm the kind of person that likes a band for example just because no-one else does...
Oh believe me since writing my last post I've also been saying to myself "Why are you choosing a car you don't like?"

I have no doubt I'll end up changing my selection.

Also, if I use a car no-one else does, I can blame the car when I come last ;)
I recognize myself in these words :roflmao:
Although for cars I usually choose whoever I support in RL,no matter if it is easier or harder to drive. I always drove Porsche in GT3, but tested Audi and M6 some time ago. Decided to get Audi, because it was easier to put better time when in M6.:D

I don't particularly enjoy driving it. But the car is very easy for me to consistently drive hard. Obviously it's a personal preference thing.
I guess so. My personal preference is to drive a car I enjoy. I really don't care which feels "fastest" or "easiest" to be honest, because if I'm not having much fun then what's the point? This is a hobby, after all.

Not sure what I'll end up driving. Ignoring my beloved Porsches I like the Callaway Corvette and both McLarens, but part of me wants to go for something I haven't touched for years. Maybe the Alpina which I used to enjoy in the old days, or the Z4 which I used in a league before all the BoP patches came along. (It was pretty "slow" back then.) Or maybe the P4-5 just because it's impossible to see where you're going in anything other than VR. Or maybe I'll break out the venerable RUF since you can't even buy it these days! Decisions, decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 112 7.6%