RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were Sector 3 drunk when they set the track limits for turn 6?
In what way, too strict or too lenient? I take a lot of curb but haven't had any warnings there that I can remember, so it's definitely not too strict. Maybe lenient but it's the same for everyone so no real advantage.

Last edited:
In what way, too strict or too lenient? I take a lot of curb but haven't had any warnings there that I can remember, so it's definitely not too strict. Maybe lenient but it's the same for everyone so no real advantage.

Yeh I've certainly not been penalised at Turn 6. It's exit of turn7 / through turn 8 that I find frustrating. I'm sure I'm being penalised even without going fully over the white line. As Ross says though, same for everyone!

My real gripe is turn 3 (the second proper corner) though. This might be my new 'least favourite corner' in motor racing. Can't seem to take it without coming to an almost complete stop. And the way it drops away viciously at the exact moment you're looking to put the power down... I imagine whoever designed that had an evil laugh and chuckled himself to sleep at night.

My real gripe is turn 3 (the second proper corner) though.
Traction control. ;) I usually run it pretty low because I like to be able to induce extra rotation with the throttle (don't care if it's slower or ruins tyres, because it's fun!), but I'll probably run it higher here specifically because of that corner.

Different and odd choice, for sure, a nice one I'm not so sure. The thing is a tank with no brakes. But surprisingly quick "leaderboard" and somewhat stable.
Due to the release difference over the time of this SIM, the GT3 cars are not balanced. The BOP is well off ( and should be due many years of releases) and maybe a second class GT3 needs to be implemented as there are only 4 or 5 GT3 cars competitive. For instance, the BMW Z4 is roughly 4 and 1/2 seconds slower than the M6 on virtually every track, which has made cars such as the Z4 redundant who's going to use slower cars. {me}:O_o::laugh:
Needs to be sort of like a vintage GT3 class if you know what I mean. And as this is club racing this difference doesn't matter as we're only here for the fun and self-gratification in getting out old car around the track as fast as possible, so I have chosen the Bentley as my weapon of choice,

Anyway, I am in Bentley, because it sounds fantastic but sounding fantastic doesn't slow this "thing" down going into corners. Oh, how this is going to be fun.:whistling:
You can get my autograph throughout the races from one of the many over the top gravel traps which I like to call quicksand. You can do doughnuts slow ones but doughnuts. Some of the weirdest physics I've ever experienced strange stuff. When it happens, you cannot help but to laugh and say what the **** is going on. :roflmao:

Last edited:

Too strict I'd say.

I imagine you need to keep two wheels inside the white line to avoid abusing track limits, which I often don't and in principle I don't actually have an issue with that. I just find it to be inconsistent with how the limits have been set at other corners.

I've not lapped there in a couple of days so apologies if my brain is inventing the evidence I need to prove a point, but I'm sure you can "explore the limits of the track" at the outside kerbs when exiting turns 3, 9 and 10 with no such penalty.

I imagine you need to keep two wheels inside the white line to avoid abusing track limits, which I often don't and in principle I don't actually have an issue with that. I just find it to be inconsistent with how the limits have been set at other corners.
The cut limits in R3E are not set in stone. When you leave the track it tries to determine if any advantage was gained. Yes and you get a warning, no and you often get away with it. It means that cutting the inside of a corner is more likely to be penalised than running a bit wide on the exit though.

Of course, the system isn't perfect...

No advantage gained there yet I got a drive-through for it! But to be honest, if you just keep it between the lines then there's no issue. ;)

Last edited:
Turned the first 20 odd laps today - this is going to be a test. The track is not my favorite, of the 4 in the schedule, its by far the most boring. Beautifully made graphics wise, but horribly boring to drive. Add track limit violation frenzy and its a....test yeah. Test of patience.
This will require quite some laps to get consistant. My brain really want to explore the exact places where the track limit detection isnt so strict, but the laptime chart shows purple sectors when I almost avoid the curbs alltogether. More testing to be done.

I have been looking for the server for the last couple of days. At first I thought it was me but I actually do believe it's not even up. Perhaps somebody can confirm. Thank you.

the laptime chart shows purple sectors when I almost avoid the curbs alltogether. More testing to be done.

I was thinking exactly this. The curbs seem especially 'slippy' at RBR. I can brake considerably later if I keep all 4 wheels on tarmac, which then becomes a trade-off between braking and approach angle.

I have been looking for the server for the last couple of days. At first I thought it was me but I actually do believe it's not even up. Perhaps somebody can confirm. Thank you.
It goes down whenever the DS gets patched by S3, which has happened a couple of times over the last few days. I guess there were some unpublicised hot-fixes. I'll put it back online now.

Race Briefing

Hey guys. I know that not everyone joins us on TeamSpeak, so I'm going to post a few notes here to make sure everyone sees them. Standards are nearly always pretty high in the R3E club so last week's issues were probably just a blip, but a friendly reminder of expectations doesn't hurt. :)

1) At the start of the race you will have cold tyres, cold brakes, less grip, and will be driving in heavy traffic. Please take extra special care, particularly into braking zones.​
2) You can't win a race on the first lap, so there is no need for silly dive-bombs or other risky moves into T1. Take it easy, slow right down if necessary, and lets all get through unscathed.​
3) If you leave the track for any reason, please be super careful when re-joining! Do not just swerve back onto the track, especially if this will put you on the racing line at reduced speed. Mirrors and the track map can be a great help in re-joining safely. If you have to stop and lose a few places, just do it. It's better than ruining other people's evenings.​
4) Accidents happen, and that's fine. However, if you do end up disadvantaging another driver then you must follow our Golden Rule and allow them back past you, even if it means losing positions. No excuses on this one guys, failure to comply is an instant 30 day ban.​
5) I cannot recommend the use of Crew Chief highly enough, for those who still haven't tried it. The increase in awareness can take your door-to-door racing to a whole new level, and the reduction in unnecessary incidents is huge. It's free, it's easy to install and use, so there's really no reason not to.​
Last but not least, please remember that despite this being a series, it is still just a relaxed, friendly club race. There's no prizes and it's just for fun, so gentlemanly conduct is the order of evening. Cheers guys! :thumbsup:

@ScanScan @Port1s @Luca Antinori @Jan Larsen @Calvyn White @cagivariver @Morne Du Plooy @Rick K @PurgerUK @IlPaoletto @Steve Le Gallez @Antmerino

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline