Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP

EU GTR 3 Series @ Red Bull Ring - Sat 03 Oct 2020

UMC 22

Premium
R2.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
TeamSpeak Server: ts.racedepartment.com

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU - GTR 3 Series
Cars: GTR 3
Track: Red Bull Ring - Grand Prix

Saturday 03/10/20
Practice:
19:00 UTC (15 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:15 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 19:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 19:35 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 19:55 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 20:00 UTC (20 minutes)

GTR 3: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - Callaway Corvette #0
  2. ScanScan - Mercedes AMG #88
  3. Port1s - Mercedes AMG #14
  4. Luca Antinori - Audi R8 LMS #29
  5. Jan Larsen - BMW M6 #60
  6. Calvyn White - Bentley Continental #17
  7. cagivariver - BMW M6 #15
  8. Morne Du Plooy - McLaren 650S #88
  9. PurgerUK - Callaway Corvette #13
  10. IlPaoletto - ??
  11. Steve Le Gallez - Porsche 911 GT3 #9
  12. Antmerino - Callaway Corvette #31
  13. Mettiti - BMW M6 #101
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot

UTP#42

Last edited:

UMC 22

Premium
Information

Welcome to the RaceDepartment GTR 3 Series! This will be a stint of races over the next four weeks, the idea being to add a little friendly competition to our club racing. These events remain open to drivers of all levels, so please don't be afraid to sign up! Details of the calendar are as follows:

26/09/20 - Round 1: Silverstone - Grand Prix
03/10/20 - Round 2: Red Bull Ring - Grand Prix​
10/10/20 - Round 3: Imola - Grand Prix​
17/10/20 - Round 4: Spa Francorchamps - Grand Prix​

Before you sign up, please be aware of the following:

1) Our regular club rules are still in effect, including the Golden Rule.​
2) If you sign up for an event then you are expected to finish the race. It's just good sportsmanship and shows respect to your fellow drivers.​
3) Participation in all events in the series is not mandatory. It's up to you if you race in each round or not.​
4) Points will be awarded and tracked over the series, but there are no prizes. It's just for fun.​
5) Every driver should try to use a unique livery. Please state your chosen car and number when you sign up.​

Standings

Standings01.png

Previous Results

Results01.png

UMC 22

Premium
Crew Chief
Download Here

As stated in the OP, RaceDepartment strongly advises the use of Crew Chief during all of our events. It's free to download, installs in seconds, and is very easy to use. While it has a myriad of features, it's primary use for our purposes is that it gives you a spotter during races. You will be warned with an audio message whenever a car is alongside, telling you which side it is on, and also when you are clear. This is a massive aid to awareness, especially for those not in VR, and actively reduces the number of unnecessary incidents while racing. Please, give it a try.

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Well, I should be at this event. I should be feeling much better now that the bladder cancer treatment is over "once again". I see no point of going into detail except some of you or most of you will probably already know such treatment can you leave you feeling rather ill—side effects.
It's been months since I've been able to get into any SIM racing at all. Now and again, when I get a good day that I felt like doing any practising. Leaderboard stuff mainly.
So count me in please Ross I should start to feel better buy this event time.

Well, I should be at this event. I should be feeling much better now that the bladder cancer treatment is over "once again". I see no point of going into detail except some of you or most of you will probably already know such treatment can you leave you feeling rather ill—side effects.
It's been months since I've been able to get into any SIM racing at all. Now and again, when I get a good day that I felt like doing any practising. Leaderboard stuff mainly.
So count me in please Ross I should start to feel better buy this event time.
Sorry to hear that Calv - sounds horrendous! Hope u stay on the mend and feel well enough to get back racing. Look after yourself!

UMC 22

Premium
Were Sector 3 drunk when they set the track limits for turn 6?
In what way, too strict or too lenient? I take a lot of curb but haven't had any warnings there that I can remember, so it's definitely not too strict. Maybe lenient but it's the same for everyone so no real advantage.

Last edited:
In what way, too strict or too lenient? I take a lot of curb but haven't had any warnings there that I can remember, so it's definitely not too strict. Maybe lenient but it's the same for everyone so no real advantage.

Yeh I've certainly not been penalised at Turn 6. It's exit of turn7 / through turn 8 that I find frustrating. I'm sure I'm being penalised even without going fully over the white line. As Ross says though, same for everyone!

My real gripe is turn 3 (the second proper corner) though. This might be my new 'least favourite corner' in motor racing. Can't seem to take it without coming to an almost complete stop. And the way it drops away viciously at the exact moment you're looking to put the power down... I imagine whoever designed that had an evil laugh and chuckled himself to sleep at night.

I'll unfortunately have to withdraw from tomorrow's race. Have a family surprise birthday to attend. See you guys in R3! Good luck & have fun!

UMC 22

Premium
My real gripe is turn 3 (the second proper corner) though.
Traction control. ;) I usually run it pretty low because I like to be able to induce extra rotation with the throttle (don't care if it's slower or ruins tyres, because it's fun!), but I'll probably run it higher here specifically because of that corner.